Oops! Something went wrong.

New home Forums Gold Add-on Troubleshooting Oops! Something went wrong.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    AJ

Hello,

From reviewing support I’ve found conversations regarding this and I’ve also found a KB article, but none of it has helped out my site. Full error:

Oops! Something went wrong.
    This page didn’t load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details.

I’ve attached the errors.

Standing by…

Thanks!

AJ

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    AJ

Also, I’m not 100% sure, but I believe this may have happened after updating WordPress to 4.8.1.

SupportTeam

Hi AJ,

Thank you for getting in touch with us on this matter and I apologize sincerely for any inconvenience caused.

Can you please send me a link to your map page so that I can take a look at this for you?

Can you also please confirm if you have created a Google JavaScript API key and enabled all the required APIs along with the JavaScript API? If not, please can you see the doc link below and see if maybe this helps the issue on your site?

https://www.wpgmaps.com/documentation/creating-a-google-maps-api-key/

Can you please tell me what versions of our plugin you are using on your site at the moment?

Thank you for your time in this matter.

AJ

Hi Nathan,

Here’s the link:

Contact

I did in fact add the Google API key, but I will also read that article while you’re looking at the site.

Thanks,

AJ

AJ

Following along with the article I have since restricted my API, as instructed. And from what I see the API is enabled.

SupportTeam

Hi AJ,

Thank you for getting back to me on this.

It appears that the API Project that you created has been deleted as I am seeing this Error in the Console while viewing your site –

DeletedApiProjectMapError

Can you please create a new Project and then enable all the APIs required and see if this perhaps helps the issue?

It is likely that the Project was removed from your Developer Console by Google for long periods of inactivity on the API key.

Thank you for your time in this and if you need anything else, please get back to me and I will be happy to help you.

AJ

Done Nathan; map is back. Seems to have trashed a few of my map settings, but those will be easy enough to put back.

Not sure were I can close this ticket, so assuming you can.

Thanks!

AJ

SupportTeam

Hi AJ

So glad to hear everything is now working as expected 🙂

Just shout if there’s anything else we can assist you with.

RJGillett

Same problem.

Everything was fine until I loaded the map onto the site. Now the map does not even show in the project (see screen shot). Using “on sale” . Have tried putting the script code
    <script type=”text/javascript” src=”/scripts/emailpage.js”></script>
    onto the main code and / or the specific widget but neither seems to change it
    Sorry this is beyond me

Richard

Attachments:
    SupportTeam

Hi Richard

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

Please send me a link to your map so that I can look into this for you?

RJGillett

Hi,

I have put it in column 3 of the footer

Sample Page

On my screen the map comes in for a split second.
    The screenshot I gave you is from my builder pages (WordPress)
    I have registered with Google, and confirmed my ownership. Pasted the code etc, I think I have covered the basics…. but I am new at this.

Richard

SupportTeam

Hi Richard,

Thank you for getting back to us on this.

I have taken a look at your map and site and I see the following error related to the plugin in the console – InvalidKeyMapError

This means that the API key is not saved in the script when the map loads. Can you please confirm that the API key you created is in the Maps->Settings->Advanced tab in the settings and if it is not there, please can you save it there and reload your page and clear your browser cookies and see if this helps the issue at all?

If not, please can you deactivate your Basic plugin and Pro plugin and then reactivate them in that same order to see if this helps?

If not, please can you confirm if you are able to see the map in the admin area and if only the front end is affected or if you cannot see either maps?

Thank you for your time in this matter.

RJGillett

The code is there. Deactivating and reactivating made no difference
    I’ve screen shot the settings showing the key as copied. (no change made)
    and then the map edit page.
    ie I cannot see the map in either the editor or the web page.
    However I tried the troubleshooting disable API and got a conflict message- claiming a conflict with another plug in?
    I have deactivated all the other plugins and got no change. (and lost my footer)
    I am at a loss

Richard

Attachments:
    SupportTeam
    This reply has been marked as private.
    RJGillett

I could not read Nathan’s reply as it was marked Private.

I tried removing the API key and the map returned to my map screen editor so it is something to do with the calling of the API key.

Richard

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.