One map for all posts, and one map for each posts

New home Forums Pro Add-on General queries One map for all posts, and one map for each posts

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by Matthew.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    prakash
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m playing a bit with your plugin, seems very nice.
    Now, what I want to do is to have only 2 maps:

1) one map, that shows all the locations of all the posts. This is working, I have a nice map showing me the location of several news.
    This is working.
    I have just a question: can be possible to limit the number of location shown? (for example, show only the last 25 geo-located-news around the world…)

2) another map, that I would like to include in my theme, so that every post that is geo-localized with your plugin shows a map, ONLY with this location.

Can you help me with the small question at 1) and how to do the point at 2) ?
    Thank you!
    prakash

Matthew

Hi Prakash,

Thank you for reaching out to us, we do appreciate your time.

1. Yes this should be possible by using some custom JS code to simply hide all markers except the last 25 markers on the map.

Thus please you confirm which page you would like this to happen so that I may write the respective custom JS code?

2. This is also possible by using the “marker” shortcode parameter as well as some custom JS code for this.

With that said, you will need to implement your map on your post with the “marker” shortcode parameter so that the custom JS code can be used to target that specific marker ID. An example of the shortcode would look like this: [ wpgmza id=”1″ marker=”2″ ]. This will display the Map ID 1 and focus on the marker with the ID of ‘2’.

You will then need some custom JS code to hide all the other markers which I can write for you once I have clarification regarding which page contains all the last 25 markers as the code will need to written in a way for it to only execute on that specific page.

Please do let me know if this helps?

Kindest Regards,
    Matthew

prakash
    Participant

Hi Mattew,
    I setup a quick testing WordPress site, to test things: http://test.masterunits.net

About your suggestions:
    1) in the map on the homepage (Map1), how can I limit it to show only the last 2 posts?

2) when I click on the marker “Ananda Valley” (Portugal, the marker more to the left), I arrive to a post “Ananda Valley”, where I defined the marker, with Longitude, Latitude, Address and so on…
    How can I show only this in the map?
    I would prefer not to use the “marker=2” (that at the moment doesn’t work), unless I can get the ID “2” from some PHP code, because I would like to embed the map as part of the theme, so that every geolocated post can show it’s marker (and only this marker, not the markers of all the other posts).

Can you help me please?
    Thank you!
    prakash

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by prakash.
    Matthew

Hi Prakash,

I have taken a look at another Forum thread (https://www.wpgmaps.com/forums/topic/updating-failed-the-response-is-not-a-valid-json-response/) that you have posted and it appears that you may be using a different maps plugin that is not ours (WP Google Maps).

With that said, , please may I kindly ask if you confirm which WP Google Maps plugins you currently have installed as well as their respective developer names?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
    Matthew

prakash
    Participant

Hi Matthew,
    I’m really sorry… you’re right, similar names – I got confused.
    Thank you for your quick support!
    prakash

Matthew

Hi Prakash,

That is not a problem at all and we do hope the respective developers of the maps plugin you are using are able to assist you accordingly.

Should they not be able to assist you, please do get back in touch with us so that we may discuss if you would like to get a refund for your current maps solution and move over to our plugin if it is able to assist you with your needs?

Kindest Regards,
    Matthew

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.