- This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Lenndon.
September 14, 2021 at 12:04 pm #70557LenndonParticipant
I was trying to create a customization request a couple of times now and it never seems to work. It just shows “processing” and nothing happends. If I finally reload the page after several minutes, my request is gone.
Can you please help me to submit my customization request.
lenndonSeptember 14, 2021 at 2:19 pm #70560MatthewModerator
Thank you for getting in touch with us, we do appreciate your time.
Unfortunately, our team does not have the capacity to take on any additional customization requests at this stage. We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
However, please could I kindly ask if you may briefly describe what customization you would like done for your maps so that I may determine if we would be able to assist you in our current capacity?
I look forward to hearing back from you.
MatthewSeptember 14, 2021 at 2:39 pm #70561LenndonParticipant
Thank you for getting back to me so fast.
I own all the addons for WPgmaps.
My website has a UGM window (ugm form), which I moved into the map and is sitting in the bottom left corner. Especially for mobile usage, this is not really convenient since its taking up a lot of space.
What I want to achieve:
– The UGM form that allows visitors to create their own markers should be a pop up window that can be closed and opened via an icon in the bottom corner of the map (just like the marker info box pop up that is already part of your plugin). Style effects (sliding..) would not be so important for the beginning. Just the basic functionality would be fine
– Visitors should be able to click on an existing marker and if this marker does not contain a picture yet, instead of the picture, there should be an “Add Photo” button, which allows the visitor to add a picture to an existing marker. This would then basically overwrite the marker in the database and ask me (the admin) again for acceptance of this “new” marker. (as a security, so that so “bad content” can be uploaded without consent)
Both features should ultimately be part of the site. If its only possible to achieve one of them at the moment, that would be better than nothing for sure. Of course I can elaborate further and get more into detail, if the customization is somehow possible.
LenndonSeptember 14, 2021 at 3:55 pm #70562MatthewModerator
Thank you for getting back to me and for your time on this, I really appreciate it!
Thank you for the elaboration, unfortunately the points that you have mentioned would fall under a medium – large customization request due to the structural additions and changes, and the identifying and new POSTING process for the “Add Photo” functionality.
With that said, this is unfortunately not a customization request that we can take on at this stage due to the above mentioned.
However with regards to your VGM form that is in a popup, you could try to find a plugin that allows you to implement modals/popups within your site. This could then allow you to make use of the separated VGM form shortcode by implementing the shortcode into the modal/popup.
More information on the separated VGM form can be found in our documenation here: https://www.wpgmaps.com/documentation/advanced-map-options/map-shortcode-parameters/#VGM_form
I hope this may help?
September 20, 2021 at 12:35 pm #70603LenndonParticipant
- This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Matthew.
thank you for your answer.
Would there be the possibility to get on some kind of a waiting list then? I would be able to wait for it, but it would be nice to know that at some point it could be implementet.
LenndonSeptember 20, 2021 at 12:47 pm #70604MatthewModerator
Unfortunately we do not have a waiting list as we do not have an ETA of when we will be able to take on customization requests again.
Alternatively, you may hire a 3rd party developer that may be able to assist you with your customization.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.