No markers are displayed

New home Forums Visitor Generated Markers Troubleshooting No markers are displayed

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    krassavchik

Hello.
    The markers on the site ceased to appear. I’m tormented all day, I can not understand what’s the matter. Help me please…

site: https://www.ulovanet.ru/karta-rybolovnyx-mest-respubliki-tatarstan/

Perry

Hi Konstantin

Thank you for getting in touch and sorry to hear you’re experiencing this issue.

WP Google Maps 7 uses MySQLs spatial types for performance reasons, it appears that your latitude and longitude data wasn’t migrated properly.

Would it be permissible for us to have FTP access to this site so see what went wrong and offer a fix?

Kind regards
    – Perry

krassavchik

I’m currently trying to help your colleague Dylan K…
    I gave him access to the admin panel of the site. Now I wait, that will tell or say ((

Perry

Hi Konstantin

Thanks for letting me know, I’ll close this ticket if that’s OK?

Kind regards
    – Perry

krassavchik

Unfortunately, not everything is in order …
    In the morning, no one can solve the problem. Already began to write to the hoster, maybe they will help than they can …

Perry

Hi there

I’m working with Dylan to get this solved, I’ve found invalid coordinate data in your marker table which I’m working to find now,

Please bear with us.

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi there

I’m running an import of your database now to see if it will work with phpMyAdmin.

Considering it’s quite large please bear with us.

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi there

I’m running an import of your database now to see if it will work with phpMyAdmin.

Considering it’s quite large please bear with us.

Kind regards
    – Perry

krassavchik

Another 1 day passed, but no result. Markers on the map are not displayed.
    Gave access to the site’s admin area, to the FTP.

Maybe someone already had such a problem? Tell me please … So do not want to go to Yandex maps (((

Perry

Hi Krassavchik

Please try installing Pro 7.* as Dylan has suggested, this should fix the problem.

I’ve elevated your ticket to "Urgent", if we don’t get this fixed before the end of mine and Dylan’s shift the USA team will be with you to help, I’m quite confident that installing Pro 7 will work though.

Please do let me know?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi Krassavchik

I’m assuming Dylan’s attachment didn’t come through, sorry about that, please use this link:

http://www.wpgmaps.com/?paiddownloads_key=f8bce24f875df18dc7a5161d6db61258d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e

Please try that, this should solve the problem.

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi Krassavchik

I’ve identified the problem, I just want to go on your FTP and find out why this is happening so that this doesn’t come up again, this will be fixed for you within the next 10 minutes or so,

Thank you for your patience on this matter!

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi Krassavchik

I’ve fixed the problem on your site and in doing so I was able to make our code more robust in migrating spatial data, I’m very grateful for the opportunity to have caught this problem and I genuinely appreciate access to the site and your patience in this matter.

If there are any further problems, or if you need anything else at all, please let me know?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi Krassavchik

Thank you very much 🙂 Perhaps if you could leave me a review at https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wp-google-maps/reviews/ stating that, I’d be really grateful!

Basically, our new version uses MySQLs spatial types to store marker coordinates. We used to use text lat and lng fields, but we now use a latlng column with type POINT. This is *significantly* more effective in terms of performance and flexibility, however the POINT type is very strict about how data is formatted.

I looked at all the lat lng text data and your site and I couldn’t see anything invalid, however I added code to first convert the lat lng text to a number, and then the numbers to a POINT. Adding the extra stage instead of going straight from text to POINT solved the problem.

I’m not quite sure why as all your data appeared valid when I looked through it, I can only assume there was a rogue space in the lat lng text or a tab or something else like that.

I installed the plugin "Database browser" to do this, you can safely remove that now.

Was there anything else?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi Krassavchik

That may have been a caching problem, it was on and off whilst I had been working on it.

Everything appears to be fine at my end, please confirm?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.