No location button toggle under map settings?!

New home Forums Gold Add-on Real time location tracking No location button toggle under map settings?!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Dylan 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

eth6706

This seems like a very basic feature which I can’t believe isn’t already there. The map can get my location, but there’s no location button on the map. Out of all the wonderful features of this plugin, I fail to see how something as simple as this slipped through the cracks. Also, the ability to customize how far it zooms in when the current location is clicked would be nice. Devs, please put in a map location button toggle under the map settings. Thanks.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  eth6706.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

SupportTeam

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

Google used to have this button as part of their set up with the controls, but then they removed it for the API we use. So we cannot place items that Google has removed from the plugin. We do however have the use my location function and button in the Pro version and this allows users the opportunity to use their location. But you need to have an SSL certificate to use the function as Google only enables this function on secure sites so as to ensure user and host security.

Does this perhaps help?

eth6706

Thank you for responding. Yes that helps because I didn’t know that Google removed that from the API. I purchased the developer bundle and my site is https and the “Show User’s Location” feature is enabled and working. I would just like the users to have a button they could press that would zoom in on their current location. Also, I’ve been trying to sync the location data from WP Google Maps with another plugin called Events Manager, but that’s another story and I doubt anyone could help me with that. Anywho, thanks for the response.

Travis
    Participant

Hi there,

Just to add onto what Nathan mentioned in the previous reply, if you are using WP Google Maps Pro, there is a “My location” function that has a button for users to press to get their current location.

To enable this feature, you can go naviagte to:

Maps > Advanced Settings > Enable – “Show users location?” and
    Maps > Store Locator > Enable – “Allow users to use their location as the starting point”

This should add a button to the map that will allow users to pinpoint their location.

Hope this helps!

larutagastro

Hello Travis, I enabled the show users location however the map doesn’t change and it isn’t showing users location. At the same time I can’t see the info popups well, why?

Could you please help me?

This is my map with your plugin – http://larutagastro.com/larutamapa/
    this is my old map – http://larutagastro.com/laruta/

Please help.

Thank you
    MG

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Dylan

Hi there,

I had a look at your site and I noticed you are not loading the page on a secure connection (HTTPS).

Unfortunately due to new security measure by some of the modern browsers, you will need an SSL certificate on your site in order to gain access to the user’s location.

Although some browsers do still allow this to be done, we believe it will be phased out in the near future.

So sorry for any confusion caused on this one.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.