No info window using open layers

New home Forums Pro Add-on No info window using open layers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    hgg

Hi,
    when switching to Open layers (setting -> maps) in current version, clicking on any marker does not open the info window. This worked in the previous version without any problems.

If there is a description without an image in the previous version, then the info window is very narrow and long. It would be better if the info window would be wider.

Best Regards,
    Hans-Gerd

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by hgg.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by hgg.

Hi Hans-Gerd,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and apologies for the inconvenience.

Could I kindly ask if you could send me a link to your website so that I can take a closer look at why this problem is occurring and assist you further?

Looking forward to your response.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

hgg
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi Hans-Gerd,

Thanks for the response.

Could I kindly ask if it would perhaps be possible to send me a link to a page with the OpenLayer issue as I was unable to reproduce this issue on my side and would like to help you get this resolved ASAP.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

tiramisue

I observe the same as Hans-Gerd, there are no more info windows when using OpenLayer. Installed Pro v7, selected OpenLayers, then had to turn off the Gold add-on (no more clusters!). In my map there are no more info windows (click on marker does nothing). For one marker I tried to show the info window as standard – but there is none.

Hi Hans-Gerd and tiramisue,

Thanks for the feedback. This issue has just been fixed and patched into the new version of the plugin.

Could I kindly ask you to update the plugin to the latest version to fix this?

Please let me know if this helps.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

hgg

Hi Dylan,
    thank you for the answer and the quick solution of the problem.
    it works ( checked on development environment and live version).

Best Regards,
    Hans-Gerd

hgg
    hgg

Hi Dylan,
    unfortunately I found three problems using OpenLayers after all:

1. When I click on a pin, I get information about it. If I then filter out a category, this information is shown further. Clicking on another pin does not delete the first window with the information.
    2. windows with information without image are sometimes very narrow and (with a lot of text) very long
    3. Sometimes when using the filter, no information is shown when clicking on a pin (but could also be due to caching plugins).

You can see it in development environment, the live version I just switched back to google maps.

Best Regards,
    Hans-Gerd

tiramisue

I updated the plugin. First nothing had changed. Then I switched to hover (instead of click) to open the info window. That works – but is just a test observation. I can also confirm the very narrow info windows as described by Hans-Gerd in his second point above. See also attached screenshot. And, of course, without the clustering option, this map is not very user friendly.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by tiramisue.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    hgg

Hi Dylan,
    first all pins without filter are shown. When I click on a pin, the window appears. However, the Info window cannot be closed. If I then click in the upper area on a category which is then filtered, the first info window is closed when I click on a pin, but no info window appears for the clicked pin. A click on other pins also has no effect.
    Please have a look at our development environment.

Many thanks for the CSS rule. This works great.

Best Regards,
    Hans-Gerd

Hi hgg,

Thanks for letting me know. I noticed that the problem with the InfoWindows not being closable, is due to FontAwesome not being loaded and in turn not showing the ‘X’ icon. To fix this, could I kindly ask you to go to Maps > Settings > General and confirm what the FontAwesome setting is set to?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

hgg

Hi Dylan,
    thanks for answer.
    In fact, it has to do with these settings. The setting were “None”. After switching to “4.” or “5.” everything seems to work. I will check that further.

Best Regards and nice weekend,
    Hans-Gerd

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay in response over the weekend.

I am glad to hear that helped. Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.