New VersionCannot Edit/Delete Current Markers

New home Forums Gold Add-on New VersionCannot Edit/Delete Current Markers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    nickchia
    Participant

I updated to the latest version of WP Google Maps. In the past, I could go to the “Maps” and get a listing of current maps. Pressing the “Edit” button would bring me to that particular map. There would be a listing of all my current markers and I could change/delete them as needed. The marker list is gone. Where did it go? How do I edit or delete my current marker information?

At the very bottom of the page is a small section labeled “Edit existing Markers.” Yet, nothing under that heading is clickable.

https://www.claytonindustries.com/clayton-sales-and-service-locations/

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    nickchia
    Participant

Also, please note in the image I uploaded: at the bottom of the screen are several windows that cannot be read because they soverlayeach other.

Attachments:
    nickchia
    Participant

Also, I have the Pro and Gold add-ons.

The last sentence in the above comment should read “…because they overlay each other.”

nickchia
    Participant

Okay, I found that by clicking on a marker that the window has an “edit” icon at the bottom. When I click that icon, nothing happens. I am on a brand new MacBook Pro.

Steven

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting in touch, we really appreciate your time.

Could I kindly ask you to confirm the exact version numbers of all the WP Google Maps plugins you currently have installed?

Additionally, could I kindly ask you to open the JavaScript console, if using Chrome kindly see how to do so below:
    – https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/console/javascript

Please then attempt to click the edit button for that marker and kindly confirm if any errors occur in the console with a screenshot?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

whatsmadethere
    Participant

I see the same problem after updating WP Google Maps. I did not see any messages in the Javascript console when I clicked the edit button on the marker. Clicking the edit button did not seem to do anything.

WP Google Maps 8.1.11
    WP Google Maps – Pro Add-on 8.1.10
    WordPress 5.6.2

Attachments:
    nickchia
    Participant

Hi whatsmadethere,

Dylan from WP Google Maps offered the advice below that fixed the issue for me. Maybe it’ll work for you too:

The visual layout you are seeing is usually one of the telltale signs that the compilation failed at some point.

I will do my best to document the steps needed to fully recompile the scripts, and restore the system to a normal working standard, below:

Before we start, please ensure you are running the latest versions of the plugins as listed below:
    – Basic: 8.1.10
    – Pro: 8.1.9
    – Gold: 5.1.5
    – VGM: 3.31 (If applicable)

With this confirmed and up to date, please follow the steps below:
    1. Navigate to Maps -> Settings -> Advanced
    2. Scroll to the bottom of the Advanced section
    3. Enable the option labelled ‘Developer Mode’
    4. Save the global settings

It is possible that the tabbed interface in the global settings may not be structured normally, in this case, you will need to scroll through the page to find the developer mode option.

This will prepare the system for the recompilation of scripts, however, some additional steps are needed to complete the process.

From here, navigate to the map editor, and select a map to edit. Allow the map page to load fully, this will complete the recompilation. Once complete, please navigate back to Maps -> Settings -> Advanced -> And disable ‘Developer mode’ once again.

If the recompilation succeeds the system should be fully functional once again and all scripts should work as expected.

whatsmadethere
    Participant

This worked! Thank you very much for the quick response and problem resolution.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.