Near vacinity not working after updates

New home Forums Visitor Generated Markers Troubleshooting Near vacinity not working after updates

This topic contains 27 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  poolec 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

poolec

Hi Dylan,

1) Sounds like it’s worth trying and even if not perfect, it needs to show the correct location which it isn’t reliably at the moment.
    2) Understood and I look forward to the trying out the redeveloped system.
    3) As above looking forward to trying the redeveloped system.

I’m very happy to assist with any testing and providing feedback if you need any help.

My only other issue with the system as it stands is that when using a mobile phone to authorise a marker the map stops you seeing the full length of the fields, it’s like it is in a column of its own – really difficult. Could the map in mobile versions be either above or below the fields rather than in a column on the right?

All the best,

Chris

Dylan

Hi Chris,

Thank you so much for your time on this one.

I have added additional code to force the web to close when a marker is selected from the marker listing instead, could I ask you to please take a look and confirm?

Additionally, could I ask you to confirm if you are referring to the map within the map editor? If so, we may be able to assist with this as well.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

poolec

Hi Dylan,

The additional code seems to work for the first time that you click on the entries in the marker list, but when you click on an item for a second time, it collapses all the markers so they are all on top of each other.

With regard the map, it is in the backend when you are trying to authorise a marker or enter one – see attached screen shot.

Thanks

Chris

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Dylan

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your continued time on this one.

I have altered the code to now re-open the marker webs after the second click. Please take a look and confirm?

Additionally I have made some changes to the way the mobile map editor displays.

I hope this helps?

poolec

Hi Dylan,

Nearly there I think – the markers now seem to open ok for however many clicks you make, though on clicking a marker entry in the list it then gets drawn as the centre marker, so you do loose the chronology. Also if you click on an actual marker, other then the one at the centre, the centre one disappears.

On the tweaks you’ve made to the back end editing display, it’s definitely better, but it is still cutting off the right hand side of the input fields – see attached screen shots one shows the display when portrait where it crops the input fields and the other in landscape where it doesn’t expand to the right which would help.

Keep up the good work.

Chris

Attachments:

Dylan

Hi Chris,

Thank you so much for your time on this one.

I have resolved the issue with the markers disappearing, please take a look and confirm?

I have also made some changes to the styling added previously for mobile devices.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

poolec

Hi Dylan,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Good job with the markers which now appear to be working reliably what ever order you select them in or method of selection.

One the back end editing, just one suggestion. Take a look at the attached screenshot. Is there anyway you can get the width of the edit fields and map to be the same width as the Marker list (which is responsive and fills the available width depending on available screen size)? Not the end of the world if it isn’t possible as what you have implemented allows much easier editing of the fields on a mobile device.

Assuming that it is possible to make the last tweak, when will the update go live so I can apply it to the live site?

All the best,

Chris

Attachments:

Dylan

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your time on this one.

Please note the issue with the responsive behavior of DataTables wil be logged as a bug, and we will aim to resolve this as soon as possible.

With regards to the update, we will be logging these issues along with their solution. After this stage, it will be included into the core as soon as possible.

I hope this is acceptable.

poolec

Hi Dylan,

Great I look forward to seeing an update soon and thanks for bearing with me through all the suggestions and observations.

Keep up the brilliant work,

Chris

Dylan

Hi Chris,

Thank you so much for your kind words, and understanding during this period.

We greatly appreciate your feedback and we have logged this information on our development log and they will be included in future.

Have a great day!

poolec

Hi Dylan,

Just updated the Dev07 website to the latest version and I don’t know if it is because you have tweaked the code on my site, but I’m getting lots of ‘Rendering custom fields’ before the Map appears. Just thought I’d let you know.

Kind regards,

Chris

Dylan

Hi Chris,

Thank you so much for reporting this issue, we are aware of it and it has been resolved in an additional update which is scheduled to be released today.

I hope this helps?

poolec

Hi Dylan,

It’s been nearly 4 weeks and lots of updates but none have fixed the issue with the near vicinity problem or the short codes not working. Please can you give me an update on when they will be released as it is impacting the user experience on the live EBTS UK website now that we have multiple markers at the same point.

Kind regards,

Chris

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.