May 22, 2019 at 3:47 pm #50462
I need a direction map that displays my relevant custom markers so users can find my services along the route. Does this map plugin support that? If so, how to do that? Thanks in advance.May 22, 2019 at 11:21 pm #50490SupportTeamModerator
Thank you so much for getting in touch with us.
I’m not certain what you mean by finding services along the route, may I ask you to give me an example?
We do have a Store Locator function that allows users to search for markers around a user entered address and radius.
Thanks so much,
Trevor AndersonMay 23, 2019 at 3:31 am #50499
Let’s say I have markers for my chain stores. Then users search direction from their home to work. Together with the direction from home to work, users will also see the nearby chain stores (markers) on the direction map. Then users can Thanks in advance.May 23, 2019 at 9:11 pm #50546SupportTeamModerator
Thank you for the explanation.
At this point we don’t support searching via a route like this. You’re only option here would be to use our store locator functionality to allow users to find stores in their area.
This is available in the map editor under the Store Locator tab in both basic/free and Pro.
Thanks so much,
Trevor AndersonJuly 13, 2019 at 2:53 pm #52094
Thanks for the info, Trevor. That would be a great feature enhancement if you can support it.
1. I see the Pro version allows import/export markers. Where can I find that option (e.g. in advanced markers->upload)?
2. Also custom data sources from XML, Json, etc. Where can I find the upload option? Is there a specific format?
3. Can users save direction or location to Google Map?
Thanks in advance.
July 15, 2019 at 9:17 am #52106
- This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by mzichao.
1) You can find the import and export controls under Maps -> Advanced
2) We don’t support XML imports, the supported formats are CSV, KML, GPX and JSON. You can find examples of the file formats here
3) You cannot use our plugin to save to Google Maps itself, sorry about that. You would need to add that to Google Places manually.
Does that help?
– PerryJuly 15, 2019 at 2:44 pm #52126
Thanks for the info, Perry. Revisiting the direction marker feature mentioned earlier (Let’s say I have markers for my chain stores. Then users search direction from their home to work. Together with the direction from home to work, users will also see the nearby chain stores (markers) on the direction map.), I find a great example at PlugShare. It can be done under ‘trip planner’. Any idea how that is done?July 15, 2019 at 3:29 pm #52129
Do you have a URL to a page showing your desired setup?
– PerryJuly 15, 2019 at 4:05 pm #52134
I’d like to have my map screen starts with direction, then showing markers along the direction route in 1,5,10mi radius. A better example is https://abetterrouteplanner.com/.
Thanks in advance.July 16, 2019 at 7:20 am #52142
Unfortunately we don’t support searching based on distance from a path, however this is definitely something we can add to our feature request list.
Sorry we cant be more forthcoming on that right now.
Is there anything else we can help you with?
– PerryJuly 16, 2019 at 2:58 pm #52151
Thanks for the info. Do you have idea when this feature will be available? This is a deal breaker for me to upgrade to pro version because this is a critical user request for my customer audience.
Thanks in advance.July 16, 2019 at 3:06 pm #52152
This isn’t something we will be building in in the foreseeable future as there are quite a few milestones for us to overcome before this even becomes possible,
I’m really sorry we can’t be more forthcoming right now on this. We have added “search along route” to our feature request list, I’m afraid we can’t give you a timeline on that right now.
If you’re open to putting in a request for a customisation quote, we can potentially look into that, but you would still be looking about 4 – 6 weeks at the absolute minimum before we can look into this.
I hope that helps?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.