My Custom Markers on Direction Map

New home Forums Basic Version My Custom Markers on Direction Map

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mzichao 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

mzichao

Hi,

I need a direction map that displays my relevant custom markers so users can find my services along the route. Does this map plugin support that? If so, how to do that? Thanks in advance.

SupportTeam

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us.

I’m not certain what you mean by finding services along the route, may I ask you to give me an example?

We do have a Store Locator function that allows users to search for markers around a user entered address and radius.

Thanks so much,

Kind Regards,
    Trevor Anderson

mzichao

Hi Trevor,

Let’s say I have markers for my chain stores. Then users search direction from their home to work. Together with the direction from home to work, users will also see the nearby chain stores (markers) on the direction map. Then users can Thanks in advance.

SupportTeam

Hi there,

Thank you for the explanation.

At this point we don’t support searching via a route like this. You’re only option here would be to use our store locator functionality to allow users to find stores in their area.

This is available in the map editor under the Store Locator tab in both basic/free and Pro.

Thanks so much,

Kind regards,
    Trevor Anderson

mzichao

Thanks for the info, Trevor. That would be a great feature enhancement if you can support it.

New questions,
    1. I see the Pro version allows import/export markers. Where can I find that option (e.g. in advanced markers->upload)?
    2. Also custom data sources from XML, Json, etc. Where can I find the upload option? Is there a specific format?
    3. Can users save direction or location to Google Map?

Thanks in advance.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  mzichao.

Perry

Hi there

1) You can find the import and export controls under Maps -> Advanced

2) We don’t support XML imports, the supported formats are CSV, KML, GPX and JSON. You can find examples of the file formats here

Marker Importer Demo

3) You cannot use our plugin to save to Google Maps itself, sorry about that. You would need to add that to Google Places manually.

Does that help?

Kind regards
    – Perry

mzichao

Thanks for the info, Perry. Revisiting the direction marker feature mentioned earlier (Let’s say I have markers for my chain stores. Then users search direction from their home to work. Together with the direction from home to work, users will also see the nearby chain stores (markers) on the direction map.), I find a great example at PlugShare. It can be done under ‘trip planner’. Any idea how that is done?

Perry

Hi there

Do you have a URL to a page showing your desired setup?

Kind regards
    – Perry

mzichao

Hi Perry,

I’d like to have my map screen starts with direction, then showing markers along the direction route in 1,5,10mi radius. A better example is https://abetterrouteplanner.com/.

Thanks in advance.

Perry

Hi there

Unfortunately we don’t support searching based on distance from a path, however this is definitely something we can add to our feature request list.

Sorry we cant be more forthcoming on that right now.

Is there anything else we can help you with?

Kind regards
    – Perry

mzichao

Hi Perry,

Thanks for the info. Do you have idea when this feature will be available? This is a deal breaker for me to upgrade to pro version because this is a critical user request for my customer audience.

Thanks in advance.

Perry

Hi there

This isn’t something we will be building in in the foreseeable future as there are quite a few milestones for us to overcome before this even becomes possible,

I’m really sorry we can’t be more forthcoming right now on this. We have added “search along route” to our feature request list, I’m afraid we can’t give you a timeline on that right now.

If you’re open to putting in a request for a customisation quote, we can potentially look into that, but you would still be looking about 4 – 6 weeks at the absolute minimum before we can look into this.

I hope that helps?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.