multi toutch map scroll on smartphone

New home Forums Pro Add-on General queries multi toutch map scroll on smartphone

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dylan 3 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

rjasilionis

Hi,
    map takes almost all space on smartphone and it is tricky to scroll page. Would it be possible if map will move only when two fingers are in use? Whole page (not a map) scroll with one finger. This way of page containing map scrolling is implemented here: http://www.vaistai.lt/kompensuojamas-vaistas/sistemi%C5%A1kai-veikiantys-prie%C5%A1infekciniai-vaistai/sistemi%C5%A1kai-veikiantys-antibakteriniai-vaistai/medoclav-500mg-plus-125mg-pl%C4%97vele-dengtos-tablet%C4%97s-n20.html#kurpirktiall
    The following information appear when you touch map with one finger: “use two fingers to move a map”
    Would it be possible to implement something similar without doing big changes to plugin?
    P.S. select text to see link 🙂 white link on white background 🙂

Thanks

• This topic was modified 3 years ago by  rjasilionis.

Dylan

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us, we really appreciate your time.

Unfortunately touch handling is entirely handled by the Google Maps API, and we do not allow for this to be changed at the moment. However we may look into this in the future.

Could I perhaps suggest adding a CSS media query to adjust the height of the map when viewed on a mobile device?

I would be happy to assist you with this?

rjasilionis

Thanks for so quick reply. Sure Dylan, all suggestions are very wellcome.

Thanks

Dylan

Hi there,

Adding the following CSS to that page will limit the height of the map to 150px:

`
    @media screen and (max-width: 1100px){
    #map{
    max-height:150px !important;
    }
    }
    `

However I did notice this is not a WP Google Maps div, as it is targeted using #map

In the event that you would like to do the same with a WP Google Maps map you would need to target .wpgmza_map instead.

rjasilionis

Thanks a loot, I’ll work on that

Dylan

Not a problem, always happy to help. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.