Moving pins but keeping city, state, country

New home Forums Gold Add-on Troubleshooting Moving pins but keeping city, state, country

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    bharper1000
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve looked on the forums, but couldn’t find an answer to this. I’m building a map at https://artaxis.org/map/ for an organization with 850+ members. I’d like to show the city they are located in without showing their actual address. I love how the cities are searchable in the marker listing I have below the map, so I really need to keep that feature.

The problem is that I have some cities where there might be a dozen members. Right now the map pins are all stacked on top of each other and you can only see the top one. If I try and shift the map pins around slightly, it changes the city, state, country part of the address listing to the GPS coordinates .. and then if you search for that city in the marker listing, that member (with the moved pin) will no longer show up in the marker listing.

So, the question is, how can I shift the pins slightly but keep the city, state, country name in the address field?

Thank you for your help!
    Brian

bharper1000
    Participant

Just an update: I’ve tried to activate the near vicinity option as that might solve my problem here, but nothing seems to happen when I activate it. I’m going to Settings > Marker Seperation > Enable Near-Vicinity Marker Control. Is there something else I need to do to enable this on my map?

Thanks for your help!

Steven

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting in touch, we really appreciate your time.

Could I kindly ask you to ensure your WP Google Maps is updated to WP Google Maps V8.1.4 and your Pro versions is updated to V8.1.3.

Additionally, could I kindly ask you to confirm what the current version of WP Google Maps Gold is that is currently installed?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

bharper1000
    Participant

Hi Steven,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have WP Google Maps V8.1.4, Pro Add-on V8.1.2, and Gold Add-on V5.1.1.

Something odd seems to be happening when I save the settings for the Near Vicinity Marker Control. When I try to uncheck the “Use Legacy Near-Vicinity Module” it reverts back to “yes” after I save it. Eventually, when I get that near vicinity tool to work, I’d like to have a different icon in those spots so that people know there are multiple member artists in that spot. Does that make sense?

Thanks again!

Brian

bharper1000
    Participant

Looks like there was just another update, so I’m now running Pro V8.1.3

bharper1000
    Participant

I’ve tried this again after updating to Pro V8.1.3 and the near vicinity markers still aren’t working for me. Maybe there is a setting within the specific map settings I’m missing?

Steven

Hi Brian,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

Could I kindly ask if you would be open to creating a temporary admin account for us to log into?

This should allow me to take a closer look at what might be occurring here as I have tested this feature at our end at this should be working so there might something else occurring that we cannot directly see.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

bharper1000
    Participant

Hi Steven, what’s the best way to get that information to you?

Steven

Hi Brian,

You are welcome to leave them in a private response via the forum or alternatively, you are welcome to submit a ticket via our support desk.

Kindly do address it to me so that it comes directly to me.
    – https://www.wpgmaps.com/contact-us/

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

bharper1000
    Participant

Thanks Steven, I just sent a request there. I need to know what email should I put in for you to access the account.

Steven

Hi Brian,

Not a problem at all, I have located your ticket and will continue responding further from there.

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

bharper1000
    Participant

Ok, how do I get back to the support ticket. I can’t find it anymore. Is it right in front of me and I can’t see it?

Steven

Hi Brian,

All the support tickets will automatically be linked to your email so you should simply need reply to our responses directly from your email.

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.