More details about Geolocalization

New home Forums Pro Add-on Pre-sale questions More details about Geolocalization

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    alitscha

Hi, I’ve read localization is possible, but I have some extra questions about it:
    – Does localization work with store locator?
    – Is it possible to set the user location as center of the map while using store locator?
    – Is it possible to set the radius in km of the store locator?
    – If the user doesn’t allow localisation, can the center of the map fall back to a default location?
    Thanks a lot in advance!

Dylan

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting in touch.

Please find my responses below:
    1. Yes, it is possible to allow the users to use their location as a starting location. To allow this, please open the map in the map editor -> Click on the tab labelled ‘Store Locator’ -> And enable the option labelled ‘Allow users to use their location as the starting point’. This will add a ‘my location’ button which, when clicked, will get the users location.
    2. Unfortunately this is not possible at this point in time, however I would be more than happy to assist you with modifying the core code to achieve something like this?
    3. This is unfortunately not possible via the settings area. However this can be done by making some changes to the code. Would you be comfortable with making these changes yourself?
    4. Yes the default location would be used in the event that the user’s location is not accessible.

I hope this helps?

alitscha

Hi Dylan,

thank you,I bought the plugin and I’m comfortable about editing the code, so if you can send some advices about a few things I couldn’t fix myself is really great! Here my current issues, including some new ones, let me know if I should open another thread:

1. “Allow users to use their location as the starting point” is already activated in the settings, but I’d need it to work as default after the user allows geolocalization, without having to click on the button first. Is that possible with some tweaks?
    2. I have managed to edit the radius in the code
    3. Actually, where do I set the default center of the map? And is it working consistently with the repsonsive settings? I’d need to have a country always more less in the center with any device
    4. Can I hide the marker for the user location withouth deactivating the location funcionality?
    5. Clicking Enter won’t trigger the submit button: I see this is a known small bug you already gave hints about in another thread. Anyway that snippet didn’t fix it for me, is there a different fix in the meanwhile?
    6. In general: how do you suggest to edit php and js files of the plugin in a safe way?

Thanks!!!

Alice

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by alitscha.
    Dylan

Hi Alice,

Thank you so much for your time.

1. Yes this would be possible but would require a few more code changes to the plugin.
    2. I’m glad to hear you were able to resolve this issue.
    3. The default location is handled from within the map editor. Meaning that you can open the map in the map editor, drag the map to your preferred location, and save the map.
    4. Yes this could be achieved but would require some code changes as well.
    5. Please send me a link to your site so that I can verify what is causing this conflict? And provide you with a fix?
    6. I would recommend using FTP to edit the files, however using the WordPress code editor is perfectly fine as well.

Would you perhaps be open to allowing me to handle the edits for you though?

alitscha

Hi Dylan! Thank you so much for your futher help, here my feedback:

1. do you have any advice or reference link that could get me started?
    3. ok, thanks! but in the store locator there is also a field called “default address”, is it supposed to work? Also the default address is not centered in tablet and mobile view as far as I see…Is it possible to have more control on that?
    4. Any advice/link for this would be super appreciated!
    5. I have found this topic in the forum https://www.wpgmaps.com/forums/topic/search-by-enter/ is this still a known issue? the link is https://139.59.151.7
    6. I am using ftp, what I meant is if there’s a suggested way to overwrite the code withouth changing directly the original code, for example in Woocommerce and other plugins one can create a folder with the same paths and name files in the child theme and the fixes won’t go lost during updates.

Thanks again!
    Alice

Dylan

Hi Alice,

Only a pleasure always happy to help.

1. Unfortunately I do not have a guide on how to achieve this, however I would be more than happy to apply these changes on your behalf if you are open to this? Alternatively I could walk you through the code changes, if you would prefer to apply these changes yourself, however this may require quite a bit of back and forth.
    3. The default address in the Store Locator settings simply fills the Store Locator Address field with the location entered. This will unfortunately not center the map on the default location. However we do have a hidden field in the map editor which accepts a lat/long value to control the center point of the map. I could make this field visible if this would help?
    4.Please see point 1 as this would require quite a few changes, and I would recommend that we assist you with these changes. However if you prefer to make the changes yourself I can guide you as best possible.
    5. In this regard, please try changing the following segment of code:

jQuery("body").on("keypress",".addressInput", function(event) {
      if ( event.which == 13 ) {
        console.log(1);
        var mid = jQuery(this).attr("mid");
         jQuery('.wpgmza_sl_search_button').trigger('click');
      }
    });

To this instead:

jQuery("body").on("keypress",".addressInput", function(event) {
      if ( event.which == 13 ) {
        console.log(1);
        var mid = jQuery(this).attr("mid");
         jQuery('.wpgmza_sl_search_button_div').trigger('click');
      }
    });

6. Unfortunately we do not make use of a child system which means the only way to apply changes would be to edit the code directly.

I hope this helps?

alitscha

Hi Dylan! Here my answers:

1 + 4) I am up to let you do these edits if you have time for this, shoud we be in touch via Mail or how could it work? Anyway I’d need to know what you have changed, otherwise it will all get lost in case of updates! As an alternative, you can also send me a snippet or an example for me to start from.
    3) Yes please, it would be great to have that hidden field visible and control the center of the map
    5) I have already tried this fix but it doesn’t seem to work
    6) I see, that’s a bit of a problem when updating, are you thinking about implementinga child system in a future release? That would make your plugin even more wonderful šŸ™‚

Many thanks in advance for your feedback!

Dylan

Hi Alice,

Thank you so much for your time, please find my responses below:
    1 & 4. Great to hear! We could handle this via our support desk here: Contact Us – Please address the message to me so that your support request comes through directly to me. šŸ™‚
    3. I will be able to add this for you as well when addressing points 1 & 4.
    5. So sorry to hear this did not resolve the issue, if you are okay with this being address with the above points, it would allow me to debug this further.
    6. While making edits I will change your version number to a higher version, as this will disable the auto-updater. I will also document my changes for you, so that they can be re-applied in future, if required. We may look into a child-like system in future. However this will require quite a bit of restructuring from our side.

I look forward to getting this all resolved for you. šŸ™‚

iHWordPress

Dylan, sorry not sure if to piggy back on this thread or start my own but I am also in need of item #1. We need for it to default to the users location. I am comfortable adding the code if you could give a walk through or if its easier for you guys?

[quote quote=23547]Hi Alice,

Thank you so much for your time.

1. Yes this would be possible but would require a few more code changes to the plugin.
    2. Iā€™m glad to hear you were able to resolve this issue.
    3. The default location is handled from within the map editor. Meaning that you can open the map in the map editor, drag the map to your preferred location, and save the map.
    4. Yes this could be achieved but would require some code changes as well.
    5. Please send me a link to your site so that I can verify what is causing this conflict? And provide you with a fix?
    6. I would recommend using FTP to edit the files, however using the WordPress code editor is perfectly fine as well.

Would you perhaps be open to allowing me to handle the edits for you though?

[/quote]

Dylan

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting involved in this thread. I would be more than happy to assist you with this.

Please send in a support request here: Contact Us – Remember to mention this thread or my name in the request so that it is sent through to me for processing. šŸ™‚

I would prefer making the changes on your behalf as this requires quite a few changes and I would like to ensure everything works as intended after the changes are applied.

iHWordPress

Thanks. I sent it

Dylan

Hi again,

Thank you so much, we will respond as promptly as possible.

šŸ™‚

maikel

Hi!

Since the questions above are from a while ago, I want to ask (again):

Is it possible with the latest version of the plugin to show results in the store locator in a (for example) 30 mile radius of the location of the site visitor?

My customer has about 30 private care houses in the Netherlands and I want to show users/visitor of the site to show them the houses that are located in a 30 mile radius when they visit the ‘locations’ page, so they can instantly see which locations are nearest to them.

Is this possible?

And if not, can you add this functionality to the plugin, and if yes, what would this cost?

Kind regards,
    Maikel

Dylan

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting in touch, your time is greatly appreciated! šŸ™‚

Unfortunately this is not possible by making changes to the settings, but can be achieved by making some code changes.

If you are interested in achieving this I would suggest that you open a support ticket with us so that we can assist you with this further.

Please find our support form here: http://www.wpgmaps.com/contact-us/

I hope this helps, we look forward to hearing from you.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.