Missing Font Awesome icons?

New home Forums Pro Add-on Troubleshooting Missing Font Awesome icons?

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Steven.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    boatsRus

Suddenly the Custom field Icons went missing. Did you forget to include them in 8.0.15/8.0.20 or is there something else amiss here? I did no mods to the custom fields.

On the live site the icon location is blank with no content, on staging it shows a spinning question mark instead of the icon. On live the occurrence seems to be connected to Cloudflare cache, on staging there is no cache so “raw”.

Where did the Icons go?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    boatsRus

OK, I got it fixed by downgrading FA to 4.* and choosing the icons again.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry for the inconvenience.

I am glad to hear you were able to resolve this and thanks for the feedback. We will look into this to make sure this does not occur again.

Kindest regards,
    Dylan

boatsRus

This is still broken in 8.0.23, see screenshot below. Seems the FA v5 icons are either totally missing or somehow broken?

Attachments:

Hi there,

Thanks for the response and sorry for the delay over the weekend.

I believe this might be a conflict with another plugin perhaps also loading the FontAwesome library in the backend.

To determine if this is the case, could I kindly ask you to navigate to Maps > Settings and under the “FontAwesome” setting, please set it to “None”.
    Once saved, could I kindly ask you to test it once more and please let me know if that works as expected?

Thanks for your time and I’m looking forward to your response.

Kindest regards,
    Dylan

boatsRus

The situation ofcourse does not really improve. I don’t buy the “other plugin” thing right now as the other plugins that use FA have not been updated in the interrim, but did not have time for an exhaustive test.

Attachments:

Hi Hakan,

Thanks.

We have found the cause of the issue with v5 icons and will be fixed as soon as possible in the next release.

Kindest regards,
    Dylan

boatsRus
    This reply has been marked as private.
    katzenfresser
    Participant

Is there any update on that issue?

I still face the same problem with version Pro 8.0.34

Steven

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting in touch, we really appreciate your time.

This issue should have been corrected in a previous update and taking a another look there does not seem to be any current issues.

Could I kindly ask you to possibly open your JavaScript Console(Chrome: F12 -> Click Console) and take a screenshot?

There is a possibility that perhaps the icons are being blocked from loading for you, however, any errors shown will help us to determine wether this is occurring for you or not.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.