New home › Forums › Pro Add-on › Troubleshooting › Missing data in import
- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 11 months, 1 week ago by Steven.
November 23, 2020 at 3:23 pm #61566[email protected]Participant
I’ve been trying to migrate out map data over to a new site, but I’m having issues with the import process.
The export CSV looks like it includes all the necessary data, but when I run the import, it dumps a bunch of php output into the page, and tells me ‘Import Successful’.
When I check my maps, I’m getting 1 or 2 maps out of 19 which have a title, but the rest are all missing title and location coordinates.
I have the following plugins installed:
1. WP Google Maps 8.0.27
2. WP Google Maps Gold 4.25
3. WP Google Maps Pro 6.19
Any ideas what could be happening here? Attached is my import CSV:
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.November 24, 2020 at 7:22 am #61574StevenModerator
Thank you so much for getting in touch, we really appreciate your time.
Upon further investigation, it appears your Sheet is incorrectly formatted and will need to look something exactly like the example attached below via a drive link:
The header row needs to match the example exactly in order for WP Google Maps to read the data.
In addition to this, do look quite outdated and you may want to look into upgrading to a newer version of WP Google Maps Pro.
I look forward to hearing back from you.
Steven De BeerApril 23, 2022 at 4:36 pm #72911Randal OultonParticipant
(1) For CSV columns, do I need to have anim, retina and sticky columns, even if I don’t care about them and don’t have any data for them?
(2) For CSV columns, are the column headings case sensitive?April 23, 2022 at 4:48 pm #72912Randal OultonParticipant
(1) For CSV columns, do I need to have anim, retina and sticky columns, even if I don’t care about them and don’t have any data for them? If I must have them, do I have to have 0’s in them, or is it okay to leave them blank? I notice some demo columns are left blank, and others have 0’s in them.
(2) For CSV columns, are the column headings themselves case sensitive?
(3) Does it matter what order the CSV columns are in?
I am running Pro add-on Version 8.1.17.April 25, 2022 at 2:06 pm #72925StevenModerator
1. Although sometimes not necessary, I would suggest including these columns along with a 0 value to avoid any random issues occurring upon import and help get the marker data imported 100%. The importer is currently being improved for the next major version of WP Google Maps so this is something that won’t be as big of an issue in the future.
2. The column headings are case sensitive and are done to help with the import of items such as defining new custom fields as an example.
3. We generally suggest using the columns in the order of that seen in the examples to ensure a complete import is done, however, as mentioned, we will kindly be improving on this within the next major version. 🙂
Steven De Beer
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.