Markers and direction

New home Forums Pro Add-on General queries Markers and direction

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mulugruntz

Hi,

On a map, I created 6 markers and I’m trying to have the route drawn that goes through all these markers, in the order.

I’ve tried the polyline, but it’s actually just a line, it does not follow the road.

Any idea / suggestion?

Can it be done with your plugin?

Regards,
    Mulugruntz

Perry

Hi there

Thank you for getting in touch!

Assuming you are running Pro 7, then yes, you can do this.

What you need to do is plot the route on Google Maps, then use an online Google Maps URL to GPX converter. You can then import the resulting GPX into our plugin under Maps -> Advanced.

Does that help?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Mulugruntz

Thanks @Perry.

I just tried it and it works.
    Can be painful though when editing it (deleting points).
    That’s because I have a mix of walking and driving. And I cannot select a mode for each step but for the whole.

So, GMaps adds a bunch of stuff.

May be worth considering adding into a future version a simple way to select several points and deleting them all at once.

Another question: is it possible to merge several WP-Gmaps maps?

Perry

Hi there

What you could do is make separate polylines for each leg of the journey depending on the travel mode.

We will be building this feature in at some point, we did have this on the potential list of features for v8 so I imagine it will be added in a minor release or in version 9,

You can merge several maps using our mashup feature, please see the documentation on that feature here: https://www.wpgmaps.com/documentation/advanced-map-options/map-mashup/

Is there anything else we can help you with?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.