Marker separation problems

New home Forums Gold Add-on Marker separation problems

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Aakuas 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Aakuas

Hi!

First of all, thank you for the great plugin and a great support! We have been a very satisfied customer now for a year.

However, now when we updated the Gold plugin to version 4.11 we have been facing few issues with the marker separation:

1. If we use Legacy Near-Vicinity Module, the separation of the markers work but you can only click and open the info window of one marker in the same address. If we have two markers in the same address only one can be opened.

2. If we do not use Legacy Module there are few disturbing issues too:

2.1. We have marker clustering on and if we have two markers in the same address the marker icon is still visible behind the cluster icon even though I zoom out. (picture 1)

2.2. If I click the icon where we have two marker icons in the same address it opens up an info window for that address but states that the address is ”California”? Is there a way to get that info window off all-together or at least show the real address of the markers? (picture 2)

2.3. If I zoom to maximum zoom of the map (our setting currently 18) and click on the marker which should have two markers in the same address, the marker separation does not work. It only shows the info window of one of the markers.

WP Google Maps version: 7.11.12
    WP Google Maps – Pro Add-on version: 7.11.14
    WP Google Maps – Gold Add-on version: 4.11.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Perry

Hi there

Thank you for getting in touch and thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.

Can you please link us to your map page so we can look further into these issues?

If you are able to leave the legacy system switched off, that would be helpful, if possible.

Kind regards
    – Perry

Aakuas
    This reply has been marked as private.

Perry

Hi there

Thank you for that, I can confirm we’re seeing the same thing at our end.

Can you please clear any and all server side caches and optimization plugins, and any CDN’s you are using.

As of 2019-02-22, on our Pro changelog:

* All marker data is now passed to WPGMZA.Marker.createInstance

Before this, all markers would have address “California” in memory (even though this was not reflected on screen). When we made this change, all marker data would be passed to the modules in memory, including the address. The behaviour I am seeing on your site is as if you are running Pro

Aakuas

Hi! We aren’t running any cache plugins on our test site.

However, I:

– Purged the cache
    – Purged server side cache (Cachewall)
    – Disabled server side cache (Cachewall)
    – Rerun all optimazions on WP-Optimize
    – Disabled WP-Optimize

I can’t see any difference in the problems I raised.

We are using Pro Add-on as well as Gold Add-on

Perry

Hi there

Thank you very much for that – we can see what the issue is and will be working to reproduce that and get a patch out today.

I will leave this ticket open and update you as soon as possible, which should be within the next few hours.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Kind regards
    – Perry

Aakuas

Great to hear! Thank you so much. I’ll wait for your patch.

Aakuas

Hi Perry! Any update on the patch yet?

Perry

Hi there

We are hopeful to get that out today, sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this on,

I will update you as soon as we have news for you, please bear with us.

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi there

Could you possibly re-instate that account so we can take a look at the problem here again?

I believe we’ve identified this, we’d like to be sure though.

Would that be possible?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Aakuas

Okay no problem! I’ve now resetted the credentials for you. You should be able to login with same information as above. Please let me know, if you need any other information from me.

Perry

Hi there

We can’t seem to access the maps page from that account any more, could you please advise?

Before we proceed can we also please ask that you update to Gold 4.12, in which a few issues with clustering and separation have been solved. If you need to you can force a check for updates by going to Dashboard -> Updates and clicking “check again”.

Does that helps?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Aakuas

Thank you Perry! After updating the Gold plugin all the issues that I mentioned work like a charm!

However, I noticed a new small issue when using the separation animation. Now when I first click the marker it opens up nicely and shows all included markers within the same address. But if I close the marker and open it again, it only shows one marker. This is small issue and we can start rolling out to our production site without the animation effect. However, would be really nice to have the animations in marker separations.

I’ll post the credentials again for you in private message if you want further investigate the issue.

Aakuas
    This reply has been marked as private.

Perry

Hi there

Thank you very much for that, I can confirm we are able to log in, but do not have the URL to the map page,

Can you please supply the URL to the page with the map on?

If you could please leave animation enabled whilst we resolve this, we would appreciate it. If you could elevate this account to administrator, we can find the page and toggle that on and off as we need, if that would be permissible?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.