Marker List Table column title change..??

New home Forums Gold Add-on General queries Marker List Table column title change..??

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  CSisker 1 day, 13 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    Is it possible to change a column title on the marker list table? I’ve seen several inquiries asking for the ability to do this; however, all the responses were that such a function is a “future feature”. Is this feature now available? If it is, how do access it so I can change a column title?

Thanks,

Peter

Hi Peter,

It is nice to hear from you again.

Unfortunately, this feature is not available yet, but it is possible to change it from the plugin’s code.

Would you perhaps be open to doing this? If so, would you be comfortable with making the changes needed? I would be more than happy to handle this for you on your behalf otherwise.

Please let me know if this will help.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

Hi Dylan,

Yes, I can change the code with some guidance. Further, I’m wondering if there’s a way to change the column label on specific maps without affecting maps that already have been published. Is there a way to do that?

– Peter

Hi Peter,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Great. Can you please send me a link to the page with the map so that I can assist you further with this and provide you with the correct instructions?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

Marco

Hello I need to change the title column name can you help with that?

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I would be more than happy to help you with this.

Could I please ask for a link to your website so that I can take a closer look and assist you further?

Kind regards,
    Dylan

CSisker

I would also like to change the column names on my table. The map is behind a VPN on a dev site, so I’m not sure if you can see it: https://thompsoncenter-wh-dev.missouri.edu/training/echo-autism/echo-map/

A screenshot is attached. I need to change the category label to “Target Audiences”, but I would also like to change the title and description labels too, if possible. I can copy and paste or screenshot the source code from the developer console if needed.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Perry

Hi there

Thank you for getting in touch!

We can certainly help you change those column names, it would be helpful if we could see your page in situ as the code can vary from site to site and we’d like to get it right on the first go.

I did try to visit the URL you provided but the connection times out, is there anywhere else we could get a look at that online?

If that’s not possible then we can make up some code locally for you to try at your end. If that’s the case please let us know which style of marker listing you are using?

Kind regards
    – Perry

CSisker

I can try to export the map and markers from the current dev site to another, less restricted dev site. Would that work? Otherwise, let’s try making up the code locally to try. I’m using the Advanced Table marker listing.

Perry

Hi there

Yes absolutely, if it’s not too much trouble.

We can attempt to guess the code if not just please be aware it might take a few attempts as we’d be working blind.

Kind regards
    – Perry

CSisker

I exported the map to another build site: https://demo.building-stage.com/echo/
    The only catch is that the original map build is in the latest version 7, but all I have available on my build site is version 6. Here’s a link to the json export from the original map, if that’s easier to access: https://app.box.com/s/vfy5um010v4grcw7k8o8k0yfw67zt9r4

• This reply was modified 6 days, 11 hours ago by  CSisker. Reason: Attaching JSON file didn't work

Perry

Hi there

I’m afraid I couldn’t reach the site you linked us to, could you please advise?

Our Pro 6 add-on doesn’t support JSON import. This was added in Pro 7. Could you please provide a CSV export instead?

Kind regards
    – Perry

CSisker

The map I’m needing to edit the column names for is a Pro 7 map, which is what the JSON export came from. The Pro 6 map is on my build site: https://demo.building-stage.com/echo/
    I exported the Pro 7 map to my Pro 6 build site. If you can use the JSON export from the Pro 7 map, that would be the best for my situation, unless the csv is better for you?

Perry

Hi there

Thank you for getting in touch.

Pro 6 does not support JSON import at all. You would need to use the CSV export / import functions to move data from a Pro 7 installation to a Pro 6 installation.

I hope that helps?

Kind regards
    – Perry

CSisker

Right, that’s what I did. This Pro 6 map is using the csv export from my Pro 7 map: https://demo.building-stage.com/echo/

I also attached the csv export from the Pro 7 map. The map I need to edit the column names for is the Pro 7 map. I’m only using the Pro 6 map so that you can see it, because it’s all I have access to outside of the VPN for the real map.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.