Marker Library not loading

New home Forums Pro Add-on Troubleshooting Marker Library not loading

Tagged: , ,

• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Nick Duncan.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    katzenfresser
    Participant

Hi folks,

i’m new to WPGMaps, just bought a Pro licence.

When i add a custom marker via button “Marker Library”, a new window opens in an overlay, but i get an error:

Inside of the overlay window i see “Powered by mappity.org” on the upper right corner – but mappity’s embedded iframe just says:

“Connection refused”

Is there any solution?

Thanks,
    Joe

• This topic was modified 6 months ago by katzenfresser.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and sorry for the inconvenience.

It seems like your server might be rejecting the connection to Mappity.

Could I kindly ask if you perhaps have any security or redirection plugins installed on your site at the moment and if so, could you let me know so that I can test this on my side and find a solution as soon as possible?

Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest regards,
    Dylan

kindlingxyz
    Participant

Hi Dylan,

I’m having this same problem. I’ve tried disabling relevant plugins but problem persists. Can you help?

Peter

katzenfresser
    Participant

Hi Dylan,

thanks for your reply.

I’m using a freshly installed WP instance. The only plugins that are running in addition to the default configuration are:
    * WP Google Maps Pro
    * Advanced Gutenberg
    * Matomo Analytics
    * Simple Page Ordering
    * WordPress Version Info
    * Yoast Duplicate Post

I’d guess none of these cause the error.

best joe

Hi Peter and Joe,

Thanks for the response and information.

I have found the cause of some domains not working correctly with the embedded Mappity picker and this has now been resolved.

Could I kindly ask you to have another look on your side now to confirm if it works correctly?

Thanks for your time.

Kindest regards,
    Dylan

kindlingxyz
    Participant

Hi Dylan,

Thanks for such a quick response. Unfortunately it still says “www.mappity.org refused to connect.” for me.

Peter

katzenfresser
    Participant

It’s also not working for me yet …

kindlingxyz
    Participant

It looks like Mappity’s entire site is down. That must be it?

Hi there,

Thanks for the responses and sorry for the delay in response over the weekend.

The Mappity site does seem to still be running correctly (https://www.mappity.org/).

However, in order to debug this issue more closely and in order to find a solution as soon as possible, could I kindly ask if it would be open to creating a ticket here: https://www.wpgmaps.com/contact-us/ with a temporary account in order to access the map editor and take a closer look? This will be a major help in finding the cause of the issue and as solution ASAP.

Kindest regards,
    Dylan

r22
    Participant

Hi,
    I just also bought the Pro version, 99% of the reason is for custom markers, and am having the same problem as above (Site is hosted at Dreamhost).
    If it helps you to diagnose, it looks like Mappity is doing a quite lengthy and slow Cloudflare verification (one time even with a Capchta request) when I try to go there via my browser. Is there a chance that this is happening at Mappity, when your Pro app tries to connect?

Thanks!

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by r22.

Hi there,

Thanks for the response and my sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

I have been unable to replicate this on my side and just wanted to confirm if you are able to view the site in a normal window from the link below in order to determine if this is due to the iframe:
    https://www.mappity.org/

Kindest regards,
    Dylan

katzenfresser
    Participant

I now updated to the latest version (Pro 8.0.34) and it now works again for me.

Nick Duncan
    Keymaster

Excellent, thank you!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.