Marker animates or opens from external link

New home Forums Pro Add-on Pre-sale questions Marker animates or opens from external link

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    robinbahia
    Participant

Hi! Iโ€™d really love to buy this plugin, but I canโ€™t find a definitive answer in this forum. I need to have the ability to click, or hover, on a post title or any link outside of the map (on the same page), which will either animate the location marker within the map, or automatically open the corresponding infowindow. I will have hotel listings on one side of the page, and the idea is as the user clicks or hovers over one of the listings, the map marker on the other side of the page will bounce, or open up an infowindow.
    Thanks in advance!

• This topic was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by robinbahia.
    AbelC

Hi There,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us.

Unfortunately, this is not supported by default at the moment as the markers does not link directly to the posts.

However, this may be achievable with Custom JS.

With that said, the titles of the marker and the posts would then need to match.

Would you perhaps be interested in receiving Custom JS?

If so, could I kindly ask if you could please provide me with a link to this page so that I can prepare the code needed to achieve this?

I hope this helps clarify, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

robinbahia
    Participant

Thanks for your quick reply, I can see that your customer service is way better than you competition! Here’s a link to the page on which Iโ€™m trying to accomplish this. You’ll also see that I am currently using Advanced Google Maps, but I will switch in a heartbeat if I can accomplish what I need with your product…

” If so, could I kindly ask if you could please provide me with a link to this page so that I can prepare the code needed to achieve this?”
    …… do I need to purchase the product before you can check this? This was a pre-sale question.

http://www.marautour.com/hospedagem/

I don’t really care if the infowindow opens or if the marker simply bounces up and down, as long as the user can see on the map where the corresponding location is.

I’m not much of a coder, but I can cut and paste like a champ if told where the code goes! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks so much!!!

AbelC

Hi There,

Thank you so much for letting me know, and that is great to hear.

Unfortunately, we will only be able to advice once you have the WP Google Maps basic and Pro version installed and once you have created marker titles for each blog post.

Please note that each post will require a marker with the same title.

Alternatively, you can use Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) to create these posts as it will allow you to place blog posts directly onto the map.

You can find our documentation here -> https://www.wpgmaps.com/documentation-advanced-custom-fields-integration/

Once you have created these markers for each post with our plugin, please do let me know and we will be more than happy to look into the Custom JS code required to achieve this.

I hope this helps clarify, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

mfoltin

Hi there! I’d like to achieve something similar ๐Ÿ™‚ (I already have the Pro version purchased)

However my requirement is a bit different – I simply need a general “marker linking ability”. Example – I want to create a post on facebook with a URL to a specific marker on a specific map, i.e. after clicking the link, the corresponding WP page (with the corresponding map) opens and that specific marker info window will automatically open.

My current WP model contains pages only (I don’t use posts) and every page contains only one map (e.g. “[wpgmza id="1"]” is the whole code of a page, nothing else there). I.e. my “page-to-map” cardinality is 1-1.

I will have a WP homepage with one map (www.domain.com) and several sub-pages, again each with one map only (www.domain.com/sub-page-title). So I guess what I’d need is some functionality to send a markerId as GET request parameter (www.domain.com/{markerId} or http://www.domain.com/sub-page-title/{markerId}) to be able to link directly to the specific page/map and specific marker).

Could you please think of any way to achieve this? Thanks a lot in advance!

BR
    Martin Foltin

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by mfoltin.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by mfoltin.
    AbelC

Hi Martin,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us, and our sincere apologies for the delayed response over the weekend.

Yes, we recommend using the Advanced Custom Field (ACF) plugin to create locations to your posts.

You can then add the following to your shortcode that will focus on the marker associated with the page – acf_post_id=”this”

Please see or documentation on how to create markers with the ACF plugin here -> https://www.wpgmaps.com/documentation-advanced-custom-fields-integration/

I hope this helps clarify, and please do let me know if this is working for you.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.