Map Scrolling on Mobile

New home Forums Pro Add-on Map Scrolling on Mobile

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gvfmarketing

Hello,
    I am running into a problem with map scrolling on mobile as well as some computer browsers.
    I am fully familiar with the ‘Disable Mouse Wheel Zoom’ and ‘Disable Mouse Dragging’ but this is what my problem which these features don’t seem to fix for me.

1. When using the mouse wheel to scroll down the page, once the cursor reaches the map, I want it to begin zooming within the map. The problem is, although it IS zooming properly, the page continues to scroll with the wheel too. I basically want the page scroll to disable once the cursor is on the map. I know it’s possible because it works properly in Google Chrome and Safari, but it isn’t working with Internet Explorer or on the iPhone.

2. This is especially frustrating on mobile because it is such a smaller window. As you are swiping down the page and reach the map, your finger then properly drags the map around BUT the entire page ALSO continues to swipe up and down as you move your finger around.

3. Lastly, (and this is unrelated), but I need my map to be responsive and it’s just not working. I know my width needs to be 100% which it is, but when viewed on mobile the map doesn’t display all my markers, it just focuses on the middle and whatever markers might be in sight. Someone mentioned placing it in a responsive div tag, but I don’t know how to do this. I’ve tried but it’s not working.

Any help you can provide would be much appreciated. Thank you for your help.

(My site is http://www.truefoods.ca/rowe-farms/#rowe-map

Nick Duncan
    Keymaster

Hi there
    Are you perhaps not using a caching plugin that may be causing these conflict? Have you tried clearing the cache?

gvfmarketing

I have checked it on multiple computers and browsers and various phone models, and the problem continues everywhere. I thought I might try to change and simplify my question to help you better understand my problem.

The map on your homepage at http://www.wpgmaps.com is exactly how I want my map at http://truefoods.ca/rowe-farms/#rowe-map to work. On a computer, I don’t want the scrollwheel to affect the map but rather have the map require the + and – controls to zoom in. And on a phone I want to be able to pan around the map with my finger while the page itself remains still. If you look at each of our sites on a phone, you should understand exactly what I mean by this. For some reason, they are not acting the same way.

Please help,

Thank you

Nick Duncan
    Keymaster

Hi
    We’l be contacting you via email as well.

It appears that you have not disabled mouse dragging. Please respond to our email so that we may continue helping you there

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Map Scrolling on Mobile’ is closed to new replies.