map not showing

New home Forums Basic Version Troubleshooting map not showing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Graham
    Participant

I have free version. Map does not show in draft page or published page. It DOES show in the map set up page. No jquery errors or javascript errors show. I’ve been through the full list of map not showing recommendations. The only small problem I can find might be that my footer.php having the wp_footer() codes include a bunch of other code after it before the end of the file.

How do I get my map to show?

Graham
    Participant

Here is more detail I want to include in hope it helps…

I am using the free version and will buy the pro if I can sort this out. Please help if you can…

My map shows up in the CREATE YOUR MAP area. (It originally did not but I fixed the API yesterday with both *.domain.com/* and domain.com/* – at first I had only used *.domain.com/*). I then pressed “automatically create a map page”.

My problem is that it does not show in the WP editor or on the map page that was created and published automatically.

I have reviewed https://www.wpgmaps.com/documentation/troubleshooting/my-map-is-not-showing-on-my-website/ and:
    1) confirmed my API works (it displays in the create your map area as I explained above)
    2) flushed my WP cache and Chrome browser cache before I view the page
    3) I see no jquery error on the page where the map is displayed
    4) my page is not in a tab or accordian to my knowledge
    5) I option>command>J to view javascript errors and find none
    6) I have selected a map theme

REGARDING footer.php my wp_footer() has a $custom_footer_script and if-then-else-if code for a hidden Pinterest image after <?php wp_footer().

Regarding footer.php is it ok as is? I did add a simple <?php wp_footer(); ?> just before “</body>” and saved the footer.php file too but it made no difference.

I’m running WP and Acabado theme
    Tried in Chrome, Safari, and iphone safari

How can I get WP Google Maps plugin to display my map?

AbelC

Hi There,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us, and our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Could I kindly ask if you would be open to provide me with a link to your map page so that I can take a closer look at what us causing this issue?

Could you also please confirm the WP Google Maps basic version installed on your site?

Lastly, could you please confirm if you have selected “px” for the map height by navigating to Maps -> Edit -> General Settings -> Scroll down to “Height”.

We will then be able to debug this issue further and get back to you ASAP.

Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience.

We look forward to hearing back from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

Graham
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    AbelC

Hi There,

Thank you so much for getting back to me, and our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

I have viewed your map page and it appears that some of our files are not loading in the frontend.

Could I kindly ask if you could please confirm how you have added the map to your map page?

Would it also perhaps be possible to please provide us with a screenshot?

Alternatively, would you be open to submit a support ticket here -> -> and please provide us with a temporary admin account so that we can take a closer look at what is causing this issue?

We look forward to hearing back from you and assisting you further.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

Graham
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    AbelC

Hi Graham,

Thank you so much for your response.

I have now responded to your ticket.

Please do let me know if you have not received my response.

Have a great day!

Kind Regards,
    Abel

apfotos
    Participant

I’m having the same problem – what was the resolution?

AbelC

HI There,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us, and our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Unfortunately, we were unable to debug this issue further as we have not received a response.

With that said, could I kindly ask if you could please confirm the WP Google Maps plugins installed on your site?

Could you also please provide me with a link to your map page?

I will then be able to take a closer look at what is causing this issue.

I look forward to hearing back from you and assisting you further.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.