Map & CSV Question

New home Forums Gold Add-on Troubleshooting Map & CSV Question

• This topic has 17 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by Steven.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    verdipro

I have 2 questions.

1) Is my map loads, but when I try to add any marker style listing: table, list, etc, the map disappears from the page. It wasn’t doing that in earlier testing, but I can’t wrap my head around what I could have changed to cause that.

2) The are good CSV import examples on your website. However are there any with custom fields? We have a few custom fields, and some that require drop downs & I wanted to see the approach. I assume its just field name & in the cell: data 1, data 2, data 3, etc

Steven

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting in touch, we really appreciate your time.

Could I kindly ask you to provide us with a link directly to your map with the listing enabled so that we may take a closer look at this issue?

Additionally, you can add the custom field values to the CSV file by creating new columns at the end of the CSV file for each field and it needs to be named as follows: “Custom Field: NAME_OF_FIELD”

So for example:
    Custom Field: Phone
    Custom Field: Email

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

verdipro

Find a Charter School

Ok thank you for the CSV info. I did not add in underscores & did not add them to the end of the CSV. Do I need to leave other typical headers in the CSV if I do not use them? For example “photo”?

Lastly, if I reimport my CSV with these new updates, will it know to overwrite the same listings based on the ID I gave them? Or will I need to bulk to delete all the listings before importing?

Steven

Hi again,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

You will need to keep the existing headers in place, however, specific fields in those columns can be left empty.

When doing the import via Maps -> Advanced -> import, you will have the option to overwrite existing data which will then delete all the marker data or to just import and add the marker data to the existing data.

Any data imported to the assigned map will simply be provided with a new marker ID to avoid any conflicts within your database.

I hope this helps clarify?

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

verdipro

Ok thank you that clears up the CSV. I will test it to make sure that I don’t have any issues.

What about the map not loading now?

Steven

Hi again,

Could I kindly ask you to disable any caching and modification plugins temporarily?

It appears there might be a plugin or script loading from somewhere that is causing a JavaScript error, which then prevents any further JavaScript from running. The map makes use of JavaScript meaning that it will not load due to this error.

I cannot be 100% certain until debugging further, but it seems as though this line ” window.lodash = _.noConflict();” wherever it may originate, does not appear to be getting defined which is then prevention the remaining javascript from loading.

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

verdipro

I disabled WP Rocket. I tried this last night as well & it didn’t seem to help. But let me know if you see anything differently.

Steven
    This reply has been marked as private.
    verdipro

I made this change & do see the map now, so thank you. Just to be sure I have the latest versions (none are showing looking for updates currently).

All 3 of these are active installs:
    WP Google Maps – Version 8.0.25
    WP Google Maps Pro – Version 5.80
    WP Google Maps Gold – Version 4.25

All look good?

verdipro

Map is showing, but another odd thing is occurring. In the admin if I go to my map & click on the Marker Listing Options tab, & try to click a Marker Listing Style, nothing changes. It stays on Basic List.

All of the other options below that I can adjust, but not the listing style. Any ideas?

Steven

Hi again,

Kindly note the version of WP Google Maps Pro, is somehow even more outdated now.:)

WP Google Maps Pro should be on version 8.0.33

Could I kindly ask you to provide me with your email address in a private response so that I may send you another download link directly, to avoid any formatting issues caused by the forums?

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

verdipro
    verdipro
    Steven

Hi again,

I have sent a new download link to your provided email address.

IF need, we do have a page where you can request an updated download link from by using your “purchase” email address.
    – https://www.wpgmaps.com/get-updated-version/

I hope this helps?

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

verdipro

Thanks for sending that email. Oddly enough when I downloaded it, it gave me the same zip file name which was: wp-google-maps-pro5.60

Which I suspect is an older one based on the file name. If I do the purchase email link, it only sends me my gold download. Then my other email address did send me pro, but it was version 7.11.68.

Any ideas on the issue? My purchase is from February 2019, but I do get up to 3 installs correct? Maybe my version back then was different?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.