“Location tracking” tab

New home Forums Gold Add-on Real time location tracking “Location tracking” tab

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Dylan 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Dylan

Hi there,

Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

Could I ask that you confirm what coverage you have when using mobile data?

Please confirm that your data connection is not ‘roaming’ – as the app will not be able to post in this case.

Coverage is AT&T 4G and roaming is turned off on the device.

I’m experimenting with a new setting configuration.
    – Turning on WiFi access AND data at the same time.
    – Location tracking is working this way.
    – One issue still exists, the app will shut down unexpectedly after a few minutes and need to be restarted.
    – Fist trial, the app stayed open for 2 minutes, 50 seconds
    – Second trial, the app stayed open for 4 minutes
    – Currently running a third trial. App has been running for over 9 minutes.

The next test will be to take the tablet on the road and test using WiFi hotspot and 4G data on at the same time to see if the app sends the GPS location to the website.

Dylan

Hi again,

I am glad to hear the app is connecting to your site successfully now.

With regards to the app closing down after a certain amount of time.

At the moment the app will stop running as soon as the screen locks, and the Android OS deems it necessary to reduce performance load. In the next update I will add an option to allow the app to remain active, preventing the dimming of the screen.

In future we are hoping to allow a service to run in the background to track location as you move without needing to have the app open.

🙂

You need to install adb driver and root your device first.Then unlock the bootloader and check out the location tracking service will be working for sure.Make sure that your device is connected to internet and Turn on your Location Now.You can even tracking service .

Dylan

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your input. As a side note, we do plan on adding a service to the app to allow it to run in the background.

Once this is in place location tracking should work in the background as well.

🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.