Link to tags

New home Forums Feature Requests Link to tags

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by Dylan.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    davidandrew52
    Participant

I am creating a website which uses tags for places, and I would like to link map markers to those tags, so they come up on the tag’s pages, is that possible?

ps I found the page on using the GET function to create links to markers on other pages very confusing and have not been able to work that out.

• This topic was modified 6 months ago by davidandrew52.
    Dylan

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch, we do appreciate your time.

Unfortunately, we do not directly integrate with the WordPress tags system. However, you could set up custom links on a page using the GET variable system.

I could provide you with an example of how to construct a GET variable URL if this is something you are interested in?

davidandrew52
    Participant

Yes please – I looked at the page in the documentation but couldn’t see what to add to the page to make the link.

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Dylan

Hi there,

Only a pleasure, happy to help.

In order to create a linked marker, you will need to know the marker ID. This can be found by editing your map and finding the marker below the map in the admin area. The ‘ID’ column will showcase the marker ID.

You can then create a link to where your map is located as follows:
    – http://www.yoursite.com/your-map-page/?markerid=4

Assuming the marker ID is ‘4’, the link will open this marker and focus the map on that marker location. Of course, the number ‘4’ can be changed to any relevant marker ID.

I hope this helps?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.