Limit search results to a specific store type?

New home Forums Basic Version General queries Limit search results to a specific store type?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello! I was wondering how I could make it so that people just type in their zip code, and it shows them all the stores of a specific type in their area. Let’s say they want to find all of the grocery stores in their area, but not one chain of stores specifically. How would I go about letting them type in their zip code and then it shows them all of the grocery stores near them? Thank you so much for your help!

Perry

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch and thank you for your interest in our plugin!

Please use the “Store Locator” feature (under Maps -> Edit) to allow your users to enter their ZIP code and show all points within a given radius.

If you need to distinguish between chain stores and independent stores, you could use the Categories feature in our Pro add-on and use two different categories for store types, you can then enable category filtering on the store locators settings to enable your users to search on that field.

Does that help?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Awesome! That is exactly what I was looking for. However, I do have over one thousand locations that I need to add. Is there an easier way of adding all these pins automatically, or do I need to enter in each address manually?

Perry

Hi there

Our Pro add-on has a CSV import feature, you can find documentation on that here https://www.wpgmaps.com/documentation/exporting-and-importing-your-markers/

If you have any trouble with that please let us know and we’d be happy to help.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Thank you so much! I don’t think I need help with anything else.

Perry
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.