Latest update not working

New home Forums Pro Add-on Installing and Updating Latest update not working

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dylan 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

dfhemenway

On the plug-ins page is this message: “There is a new version of WP Google Maps – Pro Add-on available. View version 6.07 details or update now.”

I have tried updating it 3 times, but it has failed every time. I then followed your suggestion of asking for a new download link to be sent to me. It says it did, but after waiting over half an hour, there is no sign of it, either in my primary email in box or in the junk folder.

Dylan
    This reply has been marked as private.

dfhemenway

I downloaded the zip file. I tried installing from the plugin dashboard, but it didn’t work, saying the destination folder already exists. Do I need to uninstall the old one first, or perhaps unzip to install via ftp?

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by  dfhemenway.
    • This reply was modified 3 years ago by  dfhemenway.

Dylan

Hi there,

So sorry for not explaining this earlier, you will need to uninstall your current version of the Pro add-on before installing the new file.

I hope this helps?

dfhemenway

That seemed to work. But, now my plugin page shows:

WP Google Maps – Pro Add-on
    Deactivate | Edit
    This is the Pro add-on for WP Google Maps. The Pro add-on enables you to add descriptions, pictures, links and custom icons to your markers as well as allows you to download your markers to a CSV file for quick editing and re-upload them when complete.

Version 6.07 | By WP Google Maps | View details
    There is a new version of WP Google Maps – Pro Add-on available. View version 6.07 details or update now.

It’s as if it is wanting to update the new version with itself.

Dylan

Hi there,

So sorry about that, we do see this from time to time on peoples site.

It appears it only occurs on specific sites, and we aren’t entirely sure what the cause is.

We are working on improving our internal update system to resolve it in future.

I hope this helps?

dfhemenway

The maps have stopped displaying on my site completely. I can see them ok when I’m in the app itself, but on the pages where I placed the short codes, I now just have a big blank spot where the maps once were. I thought about deleting it and reinstalling it, but then I’d lose everything I’ve already built. Can you provide any suggestions or help?

Dylan

Hi there,

So sorry for the issues you are having on your side.

Please send me a link to a map page where this is occurring as this will allow me to check for any conflicts that may be causing this issue?

Thank you for your time.

dfhemenway

Hi,

Here’s a link to a page that should be showing a map. It is showing the buttons for it, but the map is not there:

Breweries, Distillers & Wineries

I checked it in a couple of different browsers to be sure it wasn’t browser specific.

Don

PatD

I’m not seeing any JavaScript errors on your map page (other than cross-origin script warning that always shows up) and the source code for WP Google Maps appears to be all right. Would you mind allowing us temporary admin access to your website so that we can troubleshoot? Please do so in a private reply in this thread so that only our support staff can see the information. (Check the box next to “Set as private reply” below the reply editor box.

Please provide:
    – URL to wp-admin
    – Temporary Admin Username (please do not send any existing admin information)
    – Temporary Admin Password

Thanks in advance.

dfhemenway

dfhemenway

Just checking-in: any progress?

Dylan

Hi there,

I believe I have identified the cause of the issue.

It appears there is a JavaScript error on the page in question:
    hits is not defined

This is not from within our plugin, and can be resolved, however I will need to identify what plugin/theme file is causing the JavaScript error in order to resolve it.

Would you perhaps be open to giving me temporary FTP access to debug this in a more controlled environment?

I am more than happy to continue my debugging from within WordPress however, I find that FTP is far more reliable when debugging issues such as this one.

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this one.

dfhemenway

Dylan

Hi there,

All fixed, please have a look and confirm?

It appears all the JavaScript conflicts were coming from the ‘Search by Algolia’ plugin.

It appears the developers overlooked a few runtime checks which are causing conflicts. I have resolved this for you and it should now work as intended.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.