New home › Forums › Pro Add-on › Troubleshooting › Language Markers info
- This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 11 months ago by Dylan.
February 14, 2017 at 12:11 pm #24321atatMember
Hello, the general language of the Google Maps is correctly showing (dutch) but the info in the marker (more details, get directions, etc.) is still showing in English.
I have followed the instructions on http://www.wpgmaps.com/documentation/changing-the-google-maps-language/ and changed everything to nl-nl or nl-be, but that didn’t work either.
a link to the map: http://nieuw.vwgc.be/kaart/
thanks for helping out!February 15, 2017 at 8:16 am #24342DylanModerator
Thank you so much for getting in touch, we really appreciate your time.
Could I ask you to confirm that your WordPress site language is set to Dutch as well?
WP Google Maps makes use of WordPress localization in order handle translation of some of the content.
Thank you so much for your time on this one.February 15, 2017 at 9:23 am #24349atatMember
Thanks for replying.
Yes it is set to Dutch.February 16, 2017 at 7:32 am #24372DylanModerator
Thank you so much for your time on this one.
Could I ask you to have a look at the issue mentioned in the following thread: https://www.wpgmaps.com/forums/topic/translation-to-german-doesnt-work/
I believe this may be the cause of the issue, as WordPress does load local language files in some cases which take precedence over our language files.
To resolve this:
1. Access your site via FTP
2. Navigate to the following directory “wp-content/languages”
3. Identifying all language files associated with WP Google Maps (Look for files with ‘wp-google-maps’ in the file name)
4. Simply delete these files from your server (Backup if preferred)
5. Test the map again, and it should now use our bundled languages instead.
I hope this helps?February 16, 2017 at 3:40 pm #24392atatMember
that worked perfectly!
thank you very much!!!February 17, 2017 at 7:35 am #24432DylanModeratorThis reply has been marked as private.April 5, 2017 at 5:05 pm #25811atatMemberThis reply has been marked as private.April 6, 2017 at 10:56 am #25840DylanModeratorThis reply has been marked as private.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.