Know user who create each marker

New home Forums Visitor Generated Markers Know user who create each marker

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  diego.satelier 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I need to know who create each marker.

I will use the plugin for logged in users only.

If this is not posible, y need to allow the user to enter his name and contact info.

Thank you.

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us!

Just to make sure I understand your query correctly, do you want logged-in users who are adding markers to be able to enter their name and contact info?

Users can enter their contact details and personal information into the ‘Description’ field at the moment, but unfortunately, we do not have custom fields for this at this point in time, but perhaps in a future update.

Would this method help?

Thanks for your time.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

Hi, that’s rely a little too much in the user. I need the info to contact the user. At least I need to know the login username.

Hi there,

My sincere apologies for the delay in response over the weekend.

To achieve this, it would require some custom coding, which I would be more than happy to help you with to get the users name.

Would you perhaps be open to creating a temporary admin account for me so that I can make these changes for you?

If it would be possible, could I please ask you to send the details in a private response to ensure the security of your details?

Thanks for your time.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

This reply has been marked as private.

Hi there,

Thank you for getting back to me and for the login details.

Can I please ask you to confirm where you need the user’s name displayed? You did mention it needs to be visible to you on the backend, but would you like it to be displayed on the front end as well?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

Yes! On both places.

In backend in the list of VGM
    In frontend, in the description box (Only the name)

Thank you

Hi there,

Thank you for the confirmation.

I am busy working on this for you and will let you know as soon as it is complete.

Thanks for your time.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your continued patience.

I have made the customizations and the username and email address should now be added automatically for the submitted marker.

Please can you have a look on your side and let me know what your thoughts are?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

It works. It`s not perfect, but works.

Thank you!

Hi there,

I am sorry for it not being perfect enough. If you could perhaps give me some feedback on how to improve it I will do my best to achieve it.

I hope this will help.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.