Kadence – Dynamic Custom Map Feature

New home Forums Pro Add-on Pre-sale questions Kadence – Dynamic Custom Map Feature

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JBW
    Participant

Hello,

I am not a developer and need to know whether or not WP Go Maps is a solution that will solve my need. I hope someone can help me, please.

In brief, I am developing a new custom post type, using Kadence/Gutenberg, that is about communities in my area. There are hundreds. Each community will be sortable by various features/taxonomies like property price ranges, closest beach, etc.

First, I would like to assign a location/marker to the center point of each community on a map that will be unique to each community post.

Next, I would like to input multiple destinations one might travel to from the community. These would include things like local hot spots, shopping centers, hospitals, airports, etc. These destinations would be static across all community maps. Only the community location would change.

So, Point A is the Community, input by me. It is not the site user location.

Points B – Z are destinations from Point A.

I’d like a map that shows all markers. Point A/the community would be highlighted. Below the map would have a list of the destinations and the distance and/or ETA to each, Points B-Z.

Hopefully, this makes sense. It would be a great feature to have on my site. Please help if you can.

Thanks very much!

Matthew

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch with us, we do appreciate your time.

Your described functionality should be achievable as you can create as many markers on the map as you need as well as allow a user to search for a location on the map.

We also do have a directions feature that allows users to get directions to a marker on the map, as well as be able to calculate the distance from a marker to the searched location or the user’s location if the user accepts the browser location prompt.

If you would like, please see our simple demos here:
    – Store Locator: https://www.wpgmaps.com/demo/store-locator/
    – Directions: https://www.wpgmaps.com/demo/directions/
    – Distance: https://www.wpgmaps.com/demo-new-distance-features/

Our full demo list can be found here: https://www.wpgmaps.com/demo/

Please do let me know if this answers your question?

Kindest Regards,
    Matthew

JBW
    Participant

Thanks very much for your fast reply.

I will be back in touch should I have any additional questions.

Thanks again.

JBW
    Participant

Hello again Matthew,

For the sake of clarity…

I will have hundreds of posts. Each will have a map that has a unique marker assigned by me. Call it marker “A.”

Every individual map – with its unique marker “A” – will then have markers for points “B” through “Z.” These will be local shops, restaurants etc.

I want every post to show its unique map. The map shows marker “A” for that specific post. The map will also show markers “B – Z.”

Below the map will show the names of markers B – Z followed by the driving distance from A to each of the markers B – Z.

Marker “A” will never be defined by the site user, the users location, etc. It will only be defined by me. In fact, I want no user interaction with the map other than maybe an expansion of it upon click or hover.

The whole idea is to let site users know the location of a community (marker “A”) and then display the distance from it to local destinations (markers B – Z).

Assuming this is clear – if not please let me know – is this doable with WP Go Maps out of the box? If not, can a customization be created to accomplish this?

Thanks very much for any/all feedback.

JBW
    Participant

Kindly reply to my query dated 10/20.

Thanks very much!

Matthew

Hi there,

Thank you for the your time on this.

The marker A idea is achievable using the ACF integration that allows you to dynamically create the marker when setting up the ACF integration map to your posts. Here is our documentation for setting up the ACF map posts here: https://docs.wpgmaps.com/advanced-custom-fields

With regards to the markers B to Z, this is a bit more tricky as there is no way to currently link those markers to its respective marker A and would require quite a bit of customization and work-arounds to achieve your desired functionality.

Thus to answer your question, unfortunately your described functionality is not support by our plugin out of the box, and we are unable to take on any additional customization requests at this stage due to capacity constraints.

We do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Kindest Regards,
    Matthew

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.