Issue with menue and WP google maps description

New home Forums Pro Add-on Issue with menue and WP google maps description

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    hgg

Hello,
    unfortunately there is a problem if the card is scrolled over the sticky menu. The description overwrites the menu in this case. Changes made via the entry z-index in the customizer of the themes “Customizr” did not bring any success (see screenshot).
    BTW: the route planner still does not work.
    Best regards,
    Hans-Gerd

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    AbelC

Hi Hans-Gerd,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us, and our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Could I kindly ask if you would be open to provide us with a link to your map page so that we can take a closer as to what is causing this issue?

Could you also please confirm the WP Google Maps basic and pro version installed on your site?

Regarding the route planner not working, unfortunately we were unable to replicate this issue on our side with the latest versions installed.

Could you please navigate to your map page -> Chrome: Right Click -> Inspect -> Console -> Please click on “Get Directions” -> Please provide us with a screenshot of the console open on this page?

Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience.

We look forward to hearing back from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

hgg
    This reply has been marked as private.
    AbelC

Hi Hans-Gerd,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

1. Could I kindly ask if you could please navigate to Maps -> Settings -> Advanced -> Custom CSS -> Please paste the following code below:

.ol-info-window-plain {
        z-index: 99 !important;
    }

Please do let me know if this resolves the sticky menu issue you are currently experiencing?

2. Could I kindly ask if you could please navigate to your WordPress Dashboard -> Updates -> Click on “Check Again” -> Please select to update to WP Google Maps Pro V8.0.12.

Please note that you can also generate a new download link here -> https://www.wpgmaps.com/get-updated-version/.

Alternatively, could you please submit a support ticket here -> https://www.wpgmaps.com/support/ -> please provide us with your purchased email address in this ticket -> And we will be more than happy to provide you with a new download link for WP Google Maps Pro V8.

Once you have updated to the latest Pro version, please do let me know if this is working for you?

3. Could I kindly ask if you could please confirm if you have added your “OpenRouteService Key” in Maps -> Settings -> Advanced -> Scroll down to “OpenRouteService Key”.

You can create this key here -> https://openrouteservice.org/dev/#/login.

You can also find our documentation here -> https://www.wpgmaps.com/documentation-directions-for-openlayers/.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by AbelC.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by AbelC.
    hgg
    hgg

Hi Abel,
    since the issue also occurs in the current version, I haven’t updated the live version yet. The development environment is already updated to the current version.
    Best regards,
    Hans-Gerd

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by hgg. Reason: screenshot uploaded
    Attachments:
    AbelC
    hgg

Hi Abel,
    1. great – thanks, it works
    2. thanks for the hint: I’ll check it out in the next few days and then get back to you.
    Best regards,
    Hans-Gerd

AbelC

Hi There,

Thank you so much for your time on this one, we do appreciate it.

1. That is great to hear.

2. Not a problem at all, I look forward to hearing back from you.

Have a great day further!

Kind Regards,
    Abel

hgg
    hgg

Hi Abel,
    thanks again for the tips on route planning.
    The route is now indeed shown, but unfortunately not graphically and the route is obviously only shown in English. This is not helpful for the visitors of our (german) website and therefore I switched off the route planning in the live version. But this is not a big problem for us.
    Best regards and have a nice weekend,
    Hans-Gerd

AbelC

Hi There,

Thank you so much for letting me know.

I have now removed the link from my previous response. I do apologize for the mistake on my behalf.

Please find my response below:

1. It appears that this is a bug within WP Google Maps which we are currently looking into correcting. Thank you for letting me know.

I will provide you with a pre-release as soon as possible. I do apologize for the wait and inconvenience caused.

2. Unfortunately, we only output the results from the OpenRouteService. However, I will look into this to see if we can translate the Direction results and get back to you as soon as possible.

Again, I do apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

hgg

Hi Abel,
    thanks for info.
    Best regards,
    Hans-Gerd

AbelC

Hi Hans-Gerd,

Thank you so much for your time on this one, we do appreciate it.

Please find my response below:

1. We have now fixed this issue and we will release an update as soon as possible. We do apologize for the wait.

If you would like to receive a pre-release, could I kindly ask if you could please submit a support ticket here -> https://www.wpgmaps.com/support/ -> and we will be more than happy to provide you with a pre-release.

Alternatively, could you please confirm your email address?

I will then send the pre-release to the confirmed email address.

2. This is not supported by default at the moment, however, we have now added this functionality to the latest version. We will release an update that will now translate the directions.

In the meantime, could I kindly ask if you could please navigate to Maps -> Settings -> Advanced -> Custom JS -> Please paste the custom code found in the txt file attached.

This should now translate the directions.

With that said, we recommend you to remove the custom JS code once we have released the update as this will override the function in the future.

I do apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I hope this helps clarify and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

Attachments:
    hgg

Hi Abel,
    I don’t know exactly what you mean by the fact that the mail address should be confirmed. My profile contains a mail address where I sent you an e-mail a few days ago, but didn’t get an answer.
    But I can also wait until the “official” update, because I don’t have much time at the moment and therefore can hardly test it.
    Best regards,
    Hans-Gerd

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.