Issue with german translation

New home Forums Pro Add-on Issue with german translation

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    hgg

Hi,
    we have an issue with the german translation:
    After updating to the latest version of WP Google Maps Pro (Version 7.10.16) we have copied the current files wp-google-maps-de_DE.mo und
    wp-google-maps-de_DE.po into the folder ../wp-content/languages/plugins.
    Unfortunately, the message “New translations are available” now appears under “WordPress Updates”.
    Even if we do not update and ignore the note, files are automatically transferred later, but only contain incorrect translations.
    Here are the file sizes of the correct files:
    wp-google-maps-en_DE.mo (50158) and wp-google-maps-en_DE.po (192387)
    … and the file sizes of the faulty files:
    wp-google-maps-en_DE.mo (44549) and wp-google-maps-en_DE.po (65935)

How can this problem be resolved or prevented from transferring these corrupted files?
    BTW: this is an old problem, but seem not to be solved yet

Best Regards,
    Hans-Gerd

Perry

Hi Hans

Nice to hear from you again, I hope this finds you well.

This is indeed an old problem, we’re working to come up with a fix for this as we appreciate it’s an ongoing source of irritation.

I’m looking into potentially making up a quick-fix plugin that will overwrite those files with the files in /wp-content/plugins/wp-google-maps/languages programatically, we are looking at potentially building this into the plugin itself however we need to establish if that’s considered good form by WordPress.org before we implement it.

If you’d like, I can write a quick plugin to do that for you to save this from happening again?

Kind regards
    – Perry

hgg

Hi Perry,
    nice to hear from you…
    In fact, it would be a great idea if you sent me this plugin.

Have a nice day

Best Regards,
    Hans-Gerd

Perry

Hi Hans

If you could re-send your FTP details and login URL it would be helpful if I could actually create the plugin on your site – I cannot reproduce this issue locally so I’d be effectively working blind.

With that said I can do it from here if that’s preferable for you. Please let me know?

Kind regards
    – Perry

hgg
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Perry

Hi Hans

Thank you for that, I would need the FTP details to carry this out though, would that be possible or shall I carry this out locally?

Kind regards
    – Perry

hgg
    Perry

Hi Hans

I’m carrying this out now, please note there may be some disruption to the site briefly,

I’ll update you when I’ve finished.

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi Hans

Thank you very much for that!

I’ve created a plugin that will scan your repo translations directory, and overwrite any translations in there with the files bundled with our plugin.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Kind regards
    – Perry

hgg
    Perry

Hi Hans

I didn’t foresee that, looks like it uses slightly different locale codes for English, it’s referred to as en_EN in our plugins folderes.

I’ve added a check and if the source file doesn’t exist it will ignore the operation. This should solve the problem.

I hope that helps?

Kind regards
    – Perry

hgg

Hi Perry,
    thanks.
    I will watch this now and activate the plugin then in the live version.

Best Regards an nice weekend,
    Hans-Gerd

Perry

Hi Hans

Thanks for the update, let us know if there are any problems on the live site, I’m confident that will be fine as it’s really quite a simple plugin.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Kind regards
    – Perry

hgg

Hi Perry,
    it seems that the problem with the translation still exists and the additional plugin is still needed. Is that correct? – Of course, a solution would be nicer without this additional plugin.

Best Regards,
    Hans-Gerd

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.