issue with german translation again

New home Forums Pro Add-on issue with german translation again

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  hgg 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

hgg

Hello,
    unfortunately an “ancient” problem with the German translation has reappeared recently: The translation doesn’t work anymore – see here: https://www.wpgmaps.com/forums/topic/directions-do-not-translate-to-german/#post-36732
    At that time I received a plugin from you (WP Google Maps – Translation Fix) that solved the problem. But that doesn’t seem to work anymore. Even if I copy the German translation files into the folder …/wp-content/languages/plugins, there are only the English terms.

The problem also exists if I deactivate the above mentioned plugin. We use WP 5.2.2 – all themes and plugins are up to date.

Thanks and best regards,
    Hans-Gerd

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Steven

Hi Hans,

Thank you so much for getting in touch, we really appreciate your time.

Could I kindly ask you to confirm if the translations are correct within the PO files and that these were not perhaps lost during an update?

Usually copying these files into the wp-content/languages/plugins usually helps correct this issue if the translations are correct, however, if this is not the case, could I kindly ask if you would be open to creating a temporary admin account and perhaps providing FTP access so that I may take a closer look at the plugin translations and ensure they are taking effect on your site?

If so, could I kindly ask you to open a ticket here: https://www.wpgmaps.com/contact-us/ which you are welcome to address myself in. 🙂

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

hgg

Hi Steven,
    thanks for the quick answer and sorry for the delay – I was on the road this weekend.
    We have a development environment, to which I will send you the access data (FTP and admin account).
    I looked at the PO file in Poedit. For example: “Search” is correctly translated as “Suche”.
    I also copied the files via FTP into the folder …/wp-content/languages/plugins once again – unfortunately it doesn’t solve the issue.

BTW: astonishingly enough, I don’t get any mail when you answer me.

Thanks and best Regards,
    Hans-Gerd

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  hgg.

Steven

Hi Hans,

Thank you so much for getting back to us.

Not a problem at all.

We did receive your open ticket to which we will be responding going forward in order to further debug this issue.

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

hgg

Hi Steven,
    thanks for answer.
    Best regards,
    Hans-Gerd

hgg

Hi Steven,
    after one of the last updates the issue seems to have been fixed. Thank you
    Best regards,
    Hans-Gerd

Steven

Hi Hans,

Thank you so much for getting back to us.

I am glad to hear this update has helped.

Do have a pleasant week further.

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.