Is there any better option for multiple pictures?

New home Forums Pro Add-on General queries Is there any better option for multiple pictures?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    yuppicide

I put up images and resized them to max 500 pixels on one side. Seems to look good. But is there any option for displaying multiple images? This looks like crap:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/zHmnNQQ.jpg[/img]

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dylan

Hi there,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to get in touch.

Unfortunately we do not currently have any other ways of displaying multiple images inside an info-window.

What I could suggest is adding a scroll-bar to the info-window to allow users to scroll down to see the rest of the images?

Alternatively, I could make some code changes to allow for the use of some basic shortcode’s inside the info-window. This would then allow you to find a gallery/slider plugin which uses primarily CSS to display images, and use the shortcode in the info-window instead.

Please let me know if either of the above mentioned solutions may be a work-around for you? 🙂

creawbe

Hi Dylan,

I am in need of the same functionality. Is there a possibility to use lightbox for images in the infowindow ?

Dylan

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting in touch! 🙂

As mentioned in my previous post, it is not possible to add this by default, however I could assist you with making some changes to allow the use of shortcodes in the description area?

However, this does not mean that all shortcodes will work as intended, as some plugin developers develop shortcode functionality differently from others.

Are you open to this?

creawbe
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Dylan

Hi there,

This would involve me logging into your site and making the code alterations.

This is a minor code change, and as such there will be no customization fee involved.

If you are comfortable with this, please let me know. 🙂

creawbe
    Dylan

Hi there,

Not a problem, I completely understand.

Please follow the steps below to apply the changes:
    1. Access your site via FTP.
    2. Navigate to the following directory “wp-content/plugins/wp-google-maps-pro/”
    3. Once here open the primary PHP file: wp-google-maps-pro.php
    4. Navigate to the following line (Line 7761 Approx.):

$description = addslashes($result->description);

5. Change this line to the following instead:

$description = do_shortcode($result->description);

This should have the desired effect, however as mentioned earlier, not all shortcodes will work within the description field as some may not return data but rather directly output data.

I hope this helps? 🙂

creawbe
    creawbe
    Dylan

Hi again,

My sincere apologies for the confusion on this one.

I believe the same change needs to be made to the basic file as well.

Please repeat the process, but this time please open the wp-content/plugins/wp-google-maps/wpGoogleMaps.php file instead.

Within this file, please look for the function named ‘wpgmaps_return_markers’ and look for the same line of code.

So sorry about that again. 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.