Is it possible to embed a map portion?

New home Forums Gold Add-on General queries Is it possible to embed a map portion?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 46 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  MapHappy 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author

Steven

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your time patience.

We have added some custom JS which will remove the ” quotes from the saved coordinates and have adjusted your shortcode, the provided shortcode above.

Could I kindly ask you to take another look at your map and confirm?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

FISH FINDER
    This reply has been marked as private.

FISH FINDER

FISH FINDER

Steven

Hi again,

Thank you so much for getting back to me and my sincerest apologies for the delay.

I took a closer look at this additional map’s shortcode and then compared it to the map in the backend of your site. It appears the marker ID you are currently using in the short is “16718”, however, I do not see this marker in your marker list within the backend of your [wpgmza id="4"] map.

If you are using the marker ID straight from the CSV file, there may be a chance that this marker did not import to your Map ID”4″ and this may be why it is not displaying correctly on the frontend.

The additional data towards the end of the CSV lines should not affect how the marker displays as this simply contain certain feature information such as categories. I will take a look at this, however, if this is the correct map and marker ID as the import then may have failed due to this additional information.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

FISH FINDER

Steven

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting back to us.

Could I kindly ask you to confirm the current shortcode you are using on the map for the “https://www.wikifishingspots.com.au/TAS-fishing-map/” page?

Additionally, could I kindly ask what browser is currently in use on the Android device?

Lastly, just to confirm, the map should be displaying Tasmania, and not Queensland?

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

FISH FINDER

Hi

Everything was working OK until recently when I was editing map number six (QLD). When I go to edit the map I get a page with this error … “The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.”

I can’t find any email re the problem. The other maps seem to be OK and the map and WordPress still works, but I can no longer access the back end of map 6. Can I fix this?

Steven

FISH FINDER

Will I lose the marker data? I can’t download the file, it is giving me an error.

Steven

Hi again.

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

No problem at all, you should not lose any marker data at all.

Our lead developer has just recently released updates that should mitigate the need to manually install the pro plugin as I previously mentioned.

Please update WP Google Maps and WP Google Maps Pro once these updates become available to you on your website and kindly confirm?

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

FISH FINDER

Hi Steven

I just updated the Pro version using the normal update process. There was no update available for WP Google Maps itself.

After the Pro update I still have the problem of not being able to access Map 6 back end, and I still get an error when trying to download the markers.

Steven

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting back to us.

The basic version will take slightly longer as the update process is through the WordPress repo. Dependant one where users are based this will differ, however, once it does go live kindly update and let us know?

The issue I believe you are experiencing is within the basic plugin which should be corrected once the update is available to you.

If not, we should better be able to debug once the updates have been applied.

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

FISH FINDER

I suspect the problem might actually be a dud plug-in affecting the site.

If I deactivate all plug-ins, and reactivate (by changing the plug-in folder name by ftp, and then changing it back) will I lose the markers and maps I have created?

Steven

Hi again,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

You should not lose any data within regards to your maps by deactivating WP Google Maps.

All this data is stored in the Database and deactivating WP Google Maps won’t delete this data so you should safely be able to deactivate and active without issue.

As long as no data is deleted from your Database, all data should still be available when reactivating your maps once more.

You could also additionally check for any updates via the WordPress dashboard and refreshing for updates if you have not attempted this already?

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.