September 8, 2017 at 8:24 am #30308
Is it possible to change the text of the fields.
Example: 1) Add your own marker change to Please post your comments.
2) Marker description to comments.
Thanks.September 8, 2017 at 8:40 am #30309
Thank you so much for getting in touch with us!
It is possible to change these strings from the plugin files. Would you be comfortable with making these changes? If not, I would be more than happy to handle this on your behalf. I have included the instructions below just in case:
1. Open the file ‘wp-google-maps-ugm’ from wp-content/plugins/wp-google-maps-ugm/ or alternatively, from the plugin editor that WordPress features by going to ‘Plugins’ -> ‘Editor’ in your WordPress dashboard.
2. Scroll down to the following line of code:
$r_msg .= “”.__(“Add your own marker”,”wp-google-maps”).””;
3. Change the string “Add your own marker” to “Please post your comments” and save the file.
4. Next, scroll down to the following piece of code:
$r_msg .= ” “.__(“Marker Description”,”wp-google-maps”).””;
5. Replace the text “Marker Description” with “Comments” and save the file.
6. View the page on the front end and see if the changes have taken effect as they should.
Please let me know if this helps.
DylanSeptember 17, 2017 at 7:16 pm #30557
Thanks for the instructions for how to change the text of these fields. If we do this and there is an update will it delete/overwrite these changes? If so how would you suggest getting around this?
CodySeptember 18, 2017 at 8:15 am #30561
It is only a pleasure. Unfortunately, upgrading the plugin will mean that you will lose the changes and will have to replicate the steps in my previous message to apply them again. However, we are planning to make this fully customizable from the plugin settings in a future release.
Until then, you will need to manually edit it. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by this.
DylanFebruary 22, 2018 at 7:16 am #34932
I need to add little description for the text fields, eg Marker title (your name or any other identification)
also would like to make the Text fields name bold.
HemaFebruary 22, 2018 at 7:24 am #34933
Thanks for getting in touch with us.
Could I please ask for a link to your website so that I can take a look and provide you with the correct instructions on doing this?
DylanFebruary 22, 2018 at 7:40 am #34934This reply has been marked as private.February 22, 2018 at 8:13 am #34937
Thanks for the response.
This would require a slight change to the plugin.
Would you be comfortable in making this change? Alternatively, would you perhaps be open to creating a temporary admin account for me? I would be happy to do this on your behalf.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.