Is it possible to change the text of fields

New home Forums Visitor Generated Markers Pre-sale questions Is it possible to change the text of fields

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  hema 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

hema

Hello,
    Is it possible to change the text of the fields.
    Example: 1) Add your own marker change to Please post your comments.
    2) Marker description to comments.

Thanks.

Hi Hema,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us!

It is possible to change these strings from the plugin files. Would you be comfortable with making these changes? If not, I would be more than happy to handle this on your behalf. I have included the instructions below just in case:

1. Open the file ‘wp-google-maps-ugm’ from wp-content/plugins/wp-google-maps-ugm/ or alternatively, from the plugin editor that WordPress features by going to ‘Plugins’ -> ‘Editor’ in your WordPress dashboard.

2. Scroll down to the following line of code:
    $r_msg .= “”.__(“Add your own marker”,”wp-google-maps”).””;

3. Change the string “Add your own marker” to “Please post your comments” and save the file.

4. Next, scroll down to the following piece of code:
    $r_msg .= ” “.__(“Marker Description”,”wp-google-maps”).””;

5. Replace the text “Marker Description” with “Comments” and save the file.

6. View the page on the front end and see if the changes have taken effect as they should.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

cbw5007

Dylan,

Thanks for the instructions for how to change the text of these fields. If we do this and there is an update will it delete/overwrite these changes? If so how would you suggest getting around this?

Thank you,

Cody

Hi Cody,

It is only a pleasure. Unfortunately, upgrading the plugin will mean that you will lose the changes and will have to replicate the steps in my previous message to apply them again. However, we are planning to make this fully customizable from the plugin settings in a future release.

Until then, you will need to manually edit it. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by this.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

hema

Hi Dylan,

I need to add little description for the text fields, eg Marker title (your name or any other identification)
    also would like to make the Text fields name bold.

Thanks,
    Hema

Hi Hema,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Could I please ask for a link to your website so that I can take a look and provide you with the correct instructions on doing this?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

hema
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi Hema,

Thanks for the response.

This would require a slight change to the plugin.

Would you be comfortable in making this change? Alternatively, would you perhaps be open to creating a temporary admin account for me? I would be happy to do this on your behalf.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.