invalid byte sequence in UTF-8 while exporting DB after update to GMapsPro 7

New home Forums Pro Add-on Installing and Updating invalid byte sequence in UTF-8 while exporting DB after update to GMapsPro 7

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    arthos

Hey all,

I have a client’s site with GMaps Pro, and did the requested update this morning (to version 7).

I use Wordmove (https://github.com/welaika/wordmove/) to synchronize between local and production servers, but since the update, an error stops the DB synchronisation between them. This Ruby tool can’t search and replace through the SQL dump because of invalid data – which never occured until now.

It occurs at the line of inserting WPGMaps data to the DB. I asked around, there were no additions to the marker’s list, so it should work (since it worked before the update).

Error returned when trying to import the dump with WP CLI is :
    ERROR at line 960 in file: 'dump.sql': Unknown command '\\'.

Any idea of how I could get this working ?

Thanks by advance.
    Best regards.

Perry

Hithere

Thanks for getting in touch, sorry to hear about this issue.

Can you please send me the dump.sql file?

Kind regards
    – Perry

arthos
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Perry

Hi there

Yes, it sounds like there is bad UTF data in there indeed.

I don’t know if you tried to attach the file but it didn’t come through – could you possibly upload it to Google Drive and get back to me with a link?

We may be able to recover and correct the data for you.

Kind regards
    – Perry

arthos
    Perry

Hi Luc

I can’t even import this with phpMyAdmin, I’d say this is quite broken.

Do you have the source data from before you imported this into WP Google Maps?

Kind regards
    – Perry

arthos
    Perry

Hi Luc

Thanks, which table(s) would I find the source data in?

Kind regards
    – Perry

arthos

Hey Perry,

The legit data is at line 7309, the dbprefix-‘_wpgmza_maps’ table inserts.

It’s a full export of a staging site, where we entered (manually) 70+ agencies. This file worked like a charm (you helped me make the site appear really fine).

It got corrupted when I upgraded to the last version of WPGMaps Pro and the export did not go well (see the same table in the previous file transmitted via wetransfer.com).

Best regards,
    L

Perry

Hi Luc

I’m having issues with my web server at the moment and can’t restart right at this moment,

Just a quick thought, have you tried exporting from phpMyAdmin and if so is the data still munged?

Does it display correctly in phpMyAdmin?

Kind regards
    – Perry

arthos

Well, no, as I mentioned, I was in a hurry and did start from the staging backup I sent you. It’s all sorted now (took me a while).

I’ve sent the files in order to help you reproduce that bad behavior. WPGMaps Pro is the only plugin that had to be updated at that moment, and the corruption followed the update : it doesn’t mean it comes from the update, it’s just a clue. In case it’d be because of the update, I hope my files would help ; in case it’s not, well, sorry for wasting your time… 🙂

Best regards,
    L

Perry

Hi Luc

Not at all it’s never a waste of time 🙂

Would you be kind enough to upload that file to Google Drive? Your attachment didn’t come through.

I’d like to compare the new file with the old one so I can figure out what went wrong here.

We’re very grateful for your time, thanks again!

Kind regards
    – Perry

arthos
    Perry

Hi Luc

I would need to see the *source data*, eg the data you used to make these maps and markers, rather than the whole dump which appears to only contain the broken data.

If that’s not possible, please use a text editor such as Notepad++ and remove all the control characters on line 960.

Notepad++ is showing the following control characters:

SOH
    US
    GS
    ETX
    FS
    ETB
    BEL
    SYN
    FF

If you go to that line you’ll be able to see them clearly and remove them.

If you do have the source data, I’d be interested in a copy so we can analyse what went wrong here.

Does that help?

Kind regards
    – Perry

arthos
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.