Integrations with ACF and Custom Post

New home Forums Pro Add-on Pre-sale questions Integrations with ACF and Custom Post

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ynnesti
    Participant

Hi.
    I’m looking for a plugin that meets my needs.

I am developing a website where users will be able, after registration, to publish an “action”, with an info about the place where this action will take place.
    Actions are custom posts, and for the location information i’m using ACF maps field (API ok, everything works).
    Address is saved in the DB as a text (i.e. “Str. Castelgherlone, 38, 12051 Alba, CN, Italia, 44.6807407, 8.0118985, 14, ChIJUQEZqwCz0hIROJb5cwt-mZI, 38, Strada Castelgherlone, Str. Castelgherlone, Alba, Piemonte, CN, 12051, Italia, IT”).

I need to find a way to easily show this as a map inside the action page. I saw your plugin does have an integration with AFC, so I guess that’s easy to do.

I also need to find a way to create a map with markers for all the actions in the db, including post’s custom field as marker’s content (i.e. title, description and a link to the action page).
    And I need a map that shows the actions I filtered from a search form (search form can be in a separate page, so I don’t need some kind of live/jquery update of the map changing the search terms, but I do need the system to produce a map showing just the filtered actions markers).
    Whenever I add a new Action post type the global map should show this new action.
    Is it something possibile?

Thanks a lot!

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by ynnesti. Reason: typo correction
    Perry

Hi there

Thank you for getting in touch.

You can use our Pro add-on’s ACF integration to show all your posts on the page.

We don’t presently support showing other, arbitrary fields from the post, unfortunately your users would need to click the markers link to view the information on any given post.

You can use our plugins built in location search to search on your posts, and we have an experimental plugin that allows you to search using your WordPress taxonomies, however we don’t presently support filtering on arbitrary custom fields.

To answer the last part of your post, yes, when you create a new post then the marker will immediately appear on the map (after refreshing) and vice versa when you remove a post.

Does that help?

Kind regards
    – Perry

kindlingxyz
    Participant

Hi there,

This is really helpful. The ACF integration works like a charm.

One problem though: When I create a location from the in-post interface, the marker doesn’t show up in my listed markers where I would normally add markers within the plugin. So there’s no way to adjust categories, custom fields, etc. for in-post locations as far as I can tell.

Is there a way to make sure my markers created in-post show up in my primary list of markers? Or, is there another to edit their categories and custom fields?

Thanks!
    Peter

Perry

Hi there

You need to use WordPress’ interface to adjust your posts categories, custom fields etc. for your ACF markers. Only markers created with our plugin will show up on the map editor.

I hope that helps?

Kind regards
    – Perry

kindlingxyz
    Participant

Hi Perry,

Thanks for your quick response! Unfortunately, that doesn’t quite make sense to me yet.

For example, I have a custom field (created for my markers in WP Google Maps) called “Country.” Is there a way to set this custom field for a marker created in-post?

Similarly, I noticed that none of the markers created in-post have descriptions in their InfoWindows? Is there a way to set a description for them?

Thanks again,
    Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the response and sorry for the delay over the weekend.

Perry has left the company recently so I will be more than happy to assist you further.

I apologize for the misunderstanding, however it seems Perry might have misunderstood the categories and custom fields that were referred to and must’ve thought about the WordPress categories or ACF custom fields as it is currently not possible to set the WP Google Maps categories and custom fields via the ACF integration directly and I have added this as a feature request to add as soon as possible.

However, there is an alternative solution which I wanted to mention to see if this might help:
    It is possible to import ACF markers into the map in order to allow editing them from the map editor by going to Maps > Advanced and under the ‘Import’ tab, selecting the ‘Advanced Custom Fields’ option. This will then import the markers and allow you to edit the categories and custom fields assigned from the map editor.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks.

Kindest regards,
    Dylan

kindlingxyz
    Participant

Dylan,

That’s perfect! Thank you!

Would it be possible to gain access to the experimental plugin? I’d like to automate ACF locations for several hundred past posts if possible. What would you recommend there?

Best,
    Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the response and I am glad to hear that helped.

I would be happy to send the experimental plugin and to do so, could I kindly ask if you could send me an email to [email protected] so that I can send it through there or let me know which email I can send it to?

Regarding your question about automating several hundred past posts, could I kindly ask you to elaborate a bit on the following just to make sure I understand correctly:
    – Are these posts that were created previously without ACF or was it with ACF?
    – Do they all have locations added, and if so, could I please ask how they were added?

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest regards,
    Dylan

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.