Infowindow Styles – Nothing changes

New home Forums Gold Add-on Troubleshooting Infowindow Styles – Nothing changes

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    sfelton

Hello! I have searched the forums for an answer to this problem, saw one and completed it:
    -Cleared the cache about 102 times
    -Changed settings in the Maps -> Settings -> Infowindows -> Infowindow Style -> No Global Settings

This didn’t work. The issue is simple – nothing is changing on the infowindow: colors, style, nothing. I attached a screenshot of what it’s set to. I chose obnoxious colors and the circle window to make sure I noticed the changes and nothing is working.

Any advice here would be great! Thanks!

• This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by sfelton.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Perry

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch, and thanks for bringing this to my attention

Can you please confirm you have the most recent version of the plugin (6.04.06) and the Pro add-on if applicable (6.16)

There is an issue in the current version where the infowindow style isn’t respected when using the “info window starts open” setting on a marker, if that’s not what you’re using could you please give me the URL of your map page and I’ll look into the issue further?

Kind regards
    – Perry

sfelton

Thanks, Perry!

Yes – I can confirm that I have the latest versions of the Pro and the Plugin and I don’t have any markers that are ‘InfoWindow open by default’. The map is here and I’ve been playing around with a few things (not on the live map) and the infowindow IS working, but only when you are viewing it in the fullscreen option on the map. None of the markers are working, and the window isn’t popping up when it’s in normal view (which isn’t helpful).

Also (another issue) the infowindow shows up in a weird place and not close to any of the markers when it’s in fullscreen but hopefully that’s just part of the overall issue and not a second one!

Thanks, again,
    Sarah

Perry

Hi Sarah

I’m going to look into these issues either first thing tomorrow or Monday at the latest, fix the issue and release a patch. Sorry I can’t look into this sooner, we’re only on skeleton support today as the bulk of the staff are away at a conference – please accept my apologies that I can’t look into this immediately.

Could I please possibly have the FTP details for your site?

I’d like to log in and fix this in place for you in case I can’t reproduce the problem here,

It would be helpful if that’s permissible?

Kind regards
    – Perry

sfelton

Sure!

Can you let me know when you will be logging in as we are making a lot of changes to the site at the moment – but none that will change what you are doing? Thanks!

-Sarah

Perry

Hi Sarah

I can do this at any time that is convenient for you, it won’t affect anything you’re doing, please let me know?

Kind regards
    – Perry

sfelton
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Perry

Hi Sarah

I logged in and I visited avexhomes.com in my browser

I can’t find any pages with our map on, and I didn’t notice any problems in the dashboard

Could you please give me exact steps to reproduce these issues?

Kind regards
    – Perry

sfelton

Hi Perry,

The map is here- http://www.avexhomes.com/en/our-communities/

Thanks!
    Sarah

Perry

Hi Sarah

This is a more general issue relating to how your site is built, I don’t know which site builder you’re using if any, or whether this is the theme, but the block immediately after the map block on this page is actually overlayed over the top of the map which stops the mouse events from getting through.

If you add the following under Maps -> Settings -> Advanced -> Custom CSS this cures the problem:

div.map.block
    {
    height: 500px;
    }

Please note that height is set to match the height of your map, if you alter that you will need to alter that CSS to match

Please let me know if that solves the problem?

Kind regards
    – Perry

sfelton

Thanks, Perry!
    The issue now is that the circle is all the way left, and all the content is too large to be viewable.

sfelton

Hi Perry – GOt that fixed – the only thing I’m struggling with is the window size. I know I can do a max size, but id like to do a minimum size. Is that possible? I assume it’s the same CSS edit as the one you sent me, just with a different div. Let me know which ones I need to update for that. Thanks!

Perry

Hi Sarah

Assuming you mean the infowindows, you can use the following CSS to set a minimum width:

.wpgmza_markerbox.scrollFix
    {
    min-width: 900px;
    }

You can tweak 900px to taste.

Or did you mean something else?

Please let me know

Kind regards
    – Perry

sfelton

Perry, you are a lifesaver. We are good to go and the maps look great. Thanks for your help.

Perry

Hi Sarah

Not a problem! I’m happy I could help 🙂

If you’d be kind enough to leave me a review at https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wp-google-maps/reviews/ me and the team would appeciate it

If you do need anything else in the future please don’t hesitate to get in touch

Kind regards
    – Perry

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.