- This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 7 months ago by Steven.
April 27, 2022 at 9:22 am #72942funkypancakeParticipant
loving the plugin, but i’m struggling with my Infowindows.
I have four issues:
1) When i go to a location initially the title is placed over the description. However, if i click on a few different markers and move the map around a bit, it eventually comes in looking ok. Weird! And also frustrating as it means the description/information is missing.
2) If the text in the description runs to multiple lines there is a line space between the lines which i haven’t added. It makes it tricky to read. i’d rather it was just one text block.
3) Sometimes the text appears description text appears over the image. I think that’s related to point 1 above, as it doesn’t alway happen
4) I’d like to change the fonts for the title, description and ‘website’ link so they are all the same. Font size is ok
I’m using OpenLayers and Default Infowindows with image width set to always resize to 200 and Max infoWindow Width to 200.
website address is http://www.fromthepit.co.nz/visit
Thanks in advance
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.April 28, 2022 at 8:48 am #72953StevenModerator
Thank you so much for getting in touch, we really appreciate your time.
Kindly find my responses below:
1. The info window style chosen here, is to display the title over the image with a slight transparency and so is intended. Currently, there are some markers with descriptions and others without so kindly ensure these markers with no description do have a description added and if so, that the website cache has been cleared.
If you would like to adjust the style for the Title element so that it no longer appears above the image, kindly apply the following CSS via Maps -> Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Custom CSS:
float: unset !important;
position: relative !important;
2. This can be adjusted with some custom CSS in tweaking the line-height:
line-height: 15px !important;
3. This is correct and is specifically with the title text which the CSS above should help with if you do no desire this style.
4. To adjust the font family, you can use the following CSS:
Kindly do note, however, you are currently using the modern info window and not the default info window as the default info window is the more traditional Google Styled info window, and the Modern Info window currently being used is a more custom info window.
I hope this helps?
Steven De BeerApril 28, 2022 at 1:15 pm #72960funkypancakeParticipant
Thank you for your prompt reply.
I have now changed the map back to the default info window, and things look better. I’ve added descriptions for all entries too to keep it tidy.
However, the css to change the line height for the description doesn’t seem to work.
i’ve tried the following but i can’t see a difference:
line-height: 10px !important;
}April 29, 2022 at 9:08 am #72965StevenModerator
The classes and ids across the different info windows are different, so please use the following CSS to target the description line-height for the default info windows:
line-height: 16px !important;
Once added, let me know if this helps?
Steven De BeerApril 29, 2022 at 11:38 am #72966funkypancakeParticipant
Thanks so much. That worked perfectly 20px gave me what i was after. I really appreciate your speedy responses and your fantastic plugin! I shall leave a review on the plugin page right away!May 4, 2022 at 7:17 am #72973StevenModerator
Thank you so much for getting back to me.
I am so glad this has helped and thank you so much for the kind words.
Do let us know if you have any other issues or questions as we are always eager to assist.
Have a fantastic week further!
Steven De Beer
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.