importing huge number or markers from a csv

New home Forums Gold Add-on General queries importing huge number or markers from a csv

This topic contains 21 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  azure 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

SupportTeam

Hi again,

Thank you for getting back to me on this matter and thank you for your time and patience in this.

I have transferred this ticket to a Senior Agent and they will be taking a closer look at your site in detail. Please note that during the Easter Weekend we will be very short staffed and there may be a delay in the agent getting back to you.

For your query, are you asking if the Map has a Legend, if so, then unfortunately we do not yet have a legend for the map, but we will be adding a function to create a legend into the plugin at a future date.

Thank you for your time in this matter.

Perry

Hi Jeff

Thanks for getting in touch!

Considering these are just simple postcodes, it would appear that you are hitting the servers time limit.

You will also encounter issues here hitting Google’s daily limit of 2,500 address geocodes (the process of turning and address into a latitude / longitude coordinates).

I can geocode these for you and send the resulting data back if you wish?

If it helps, I also have a CSV containing the latitude / longitude for every single postcode in the UK, if that’s what you’re trying to achieve here.

Please let me know?

Kind regards
    – Perry

jeff

Hi Perry,

Thanks for the reply. The postal codes are submitted by the users from Ontario Canada only and we then marked it out on the map. Currently we have 9000+ postal codes that we need mapped and will be adding more eventually.

Perry

Hi Jeff

Unfortunately the limitations are put in place by Google, not ourselves. If you anticipate multiple people putting in the same postcode, we could look at a geocode caching solution for you (at no charge), you might also consider getting a premium plan with Google that lifts the restriction of 2500 geocodes per day.

I have existing code I can give you to float the category filter, and you can set that to checkboxes rather than a dropdown under Maps -> Settings -> General Settings.

I’m afraid we don’t support ACF integration at all.

If that’s a deal breaker for you, or you’d like us to go ahead and process your refund regardless, please let me know and I’ll pass this on to accounting.

Would you be open to trying that or should I go ahead and pass this on?

Kind regards
    – Perry

jeff

Hi Perry,

We just decided to go on adifferent route and would like to request for a refund.

Thank you very much for your support.

Regards,
    Jeff

SupportTeam

Hi Jeff

Thank you so much for your patience with this.

I have requested a refund for you. 🙂

azure

Is this daily limit still applicable with Google’s new pricing model?

Perry

Hi there

There are no limits with the new pricing limit, if you have a really huge amount of markers, I would suggest setting limits up or using their pricing calculator before running the process.

I hope that helps?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.