importing huge number or markers from a csv

New home Forums Gold Add-on General queries importing huge number or markers from a csv

This topic contains 21 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  azure 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

jeff

I uploaded a csv with 9000+ marker data, but only 383 was successfully uploaded.

how can I get all the data uploaded?

Thanks.

SupportTeam

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch with us on this matter.

The maximum size of the CSV file that you can upload is 2,500 Markers a day. This is not due to our plugin, but rather to the Google JavaScript API Key. If you have already created the API Key, you will only be able to add (either through the normal method or the CSV file upload method) a maximum of 2,500 markers each 24 hour day as Google placed this limit on the APIs (the free API that you create).

You will need to break your CSV file up into smaller files of no more than 2,500 markers each and then you will need to upload them one each day.

The upload method would have broken if you tried to upload 9,000+ in one shot so that is why you only saw the 383 odd markers on the map. For today, you will need to have a CSV file with about 2,100 markers and please can you see if this perhaps helps the issue after uploading this smaller file but please note that if you tried to upload the file multiple times, then these also count to your daily total so the CSV file may need to also be smaller as well.

Thank you for your time in this matter and please let me know if the smaller file works for your site.

jeff

Thanks Nathan for the quick reply. I’ll try to break the files to 1000 markers – I hope this works.

follow-up question:

I was trying to locate an option to view the map depending on the marker placement, currently the map shows the entire Canada whereas the markers were just around the Ontario area. I wanted to zoom in to that part of the map only.

Thanks!

SupportTeam

Hi again,

Thank you for getting back to me on this and thank you for your time and patience, I will wait for your feedback on the marker upload process from you 🙂

For your second question, you will need to go to Maps->Select the Map you are working on and then when you see the Map in your Admin area, you will need to click and drag the map to the position you want and you can use either your mouse wheel to zoom in or you can use the inbuilt zoom level in the top left side of the marker creation area to zoom in closer.

I hope this helps and again, thank you for your patience and support.

jeff

for marker uploads:
    uploading 1000 markers did not work, only 400+ has been uploaded. Tried again with 300 markers per file to be safe and it went successful, as of the 3 uploads Im already at 1,019 / 2,500 on my quota.

for huge marker data, XML would be the best route but getting the geocode will going to be a tedious work.

by the way, positioning the map on the desired location worked.

Thanks!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  jeff.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  jeff.

SupportTeam

Hi there 🙂

Could you please send me your CSV file (if it is sensitive data, could you please mark your response as Private and send it through).

I will then check to see if I can replicate this issue on my side and see what may be causing this on your site.

Are you uploading markers with or without Lat and Long Coordinates? If you are uploading without Lats and Longs, then can you confirm when you are loading the file that you have your Google JavaScript entered in the option to Geocode the addresses?

Are you receiving any errors related to the CSV file upload that fails?

Thank you for your time in this matter.

jeff
    This reply has been marked as private.

jeff

jeff

SupportTeam

Hi again,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I tried to view your CSV file but I see the error message on our forum – testmapdata2.csv: File exceeds allowed file size.

Is there perhaps a Dropbox that or Google Sheet that you can share a link with me so that I can take a look at the CSV file?

Are you loading the CSV file from Excel or from Google Sheets. If you are loading it from Excel, could I ask you to please use Google Sheets and see if this helps as Excel adds extra commas sometimes?

You mentioned that you are not loading the markers with Lats and Longs, could I ask you to please check your Google JavaScript API key and ensure that you have enabled the Geocoding API as well – https://www.wpgmaps.com/documentation/creating-a-google-maps-api-key/

This is possibly the last option before moving onto perhaps an account to your site for a developer to log in and try to see what the issue is?

jeff

will you be able to check the last file I sent. testdata3.csv

I guess the Geocoding API ang Google Javascript AP is working as manage to get the data yesterday but only 400+

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

jeff

SupportTeam

Hi again,

Thank you for sending the link through.

There does not appear to be anything wrong with your CSV file. I have never seen someone trying to load just ZIP codes before actually 🙂

Could you please remove the IDs in the first column (id) and could you also please remove the contents of "other_data" as well (the last column) and then load a CSV file with 1,000 markers in it and select the option to overwrite the existing markers and see if this perhaps helps to load everything in the CSV?

If not, would you be comfortable creating a temp admin account so that I can ask a developer to log in and take a look at this for you and see what the issue may be?

jeff

jeff
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.