Import of custom fields and categories

New home Forums Gold Add-on Troubleshooting Import of custom fields and categories

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    bhoernchen
    Participant

Good Morning

I entered 3 locations by hand, which were then exported and imported again via Marker Data Locations”.
    Now I have 6 places on the map (see link) where the custom fields are missing for 3 places and also the category what am I doing wrong..

Here is the link to the map

test von Jan

PHP Version: 7.2.34
    PHP OS Family: Linux
    MySQL Version: 5.7.33-0ubuntu0.16.04.1
    Memory Limit: 256M
    Post Max Size: 8M
    Upload Max Filesize: 8M
    Max Execution Time: 30
    Max Input Time: 60
    Max Input Variables: 1000
    Build Code: B.9.0.10::P.8.1.20::V.3.31::L.G
    Internal Engine: Legacy
    Map Engine: Google Maps

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Steven

Hi @bhoernchen,

Thank you so much for getting in touch.

Just to confirm, you added 3 markers manually and manually added custom fields to these markers. You then exported and reimported the markers adding 3 additional markers, however, the custom fields did not import for these 3 additional markers?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

bhoernchen
    Participant

That’s roughly correct … but I didn’t add anything to the imported locations.. Because that’s actually supposed to happen with the csv import ..
    Did I miss something?

Steven

Hi @bhoernchen,

That is correct, so if the markers are exported with the custom fields, then these should be imported as well.

If you are open to perhaps providing us with a temporary admin account I could possibly take a closer look for you as this appears to be working correctly at my end?

bhoernchen
    Participant

I’ll get a demo version tomorrow.. With only the plugin OK? thank you since super ..How do you want access?

Steven
    This reply has been marked as private.
    bhoernchen
    Participant
    bhoernchen
    Participant

there is no solution..

Steven

Hi again,

Apologies for the delay.

I did run a few tests and everything appears to be working correctly.

I kindly tried the following steps in order to reproduce the issue described: Created a new map -> Added 3 markers -> Assigned those 3 markers a custom field -> Exported the map data to CSV -> Imported this data to the new map -> This then resulted in 6 markers total for that map which all have a custom field assigned.

Might I kindly ask you to please perhaps take a screen recording of your exact steps so that I might try reproducing this accordingly?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

bhoernchen
    Participant
    Steven

Hi there,

Could I kindly ask you to perhaps try and use the import tab for your imports as seen in the below-linked screenshot?
    – https://ibb.co/1mDCC0t

The import process you are using via that tab is for older installations and so will result in issues such as this.

Kindly only think of the marker data tab as an option to download the marker data to a CSV and not to import using this tab.

I believe this should help resolve the issue being experienced.

bhoernchen
    Participant

That did it.. sorry.. My mistakes because my english is not so good and I probably didn’t read your documentation properly.. that helps..

Steven

Hi @bhoernchen,

Not a problem at all.

I am glad this has helped, do let me know if you have any other issues or questions. 🙂

If you ever have two minutes spare, please consider reviewing the plugin on https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wp-google-maps/reviews/#new-post it would mean the world to me! (If possible, could I ask you to mention both your name and mine in the review for administrative purposes, this would be a tremendous help!)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.