Import not reading other_data from CSV

New home Forums Pro Add-on Troubleshooting Import not reading other_data from CSV

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    wildmercury

I’m importing a bunch of data from csv file using Maps >Advanced > Import > File and the data contained with the other_data field, eg Gallery data etc, is not being imported. Please can you advise if this is a known issue, whether it can be fixed, or whether there is an alternate method available. Thanks.

Steven

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting in touch, we really appreciate your time.

The other data column, unfortunately, does not currently function correctly and so the data here may not be imported as expected reliably.

If you are exporting from an existing website, might I kindly suggest using the Maps -> Advanced -> Export tab to instead export as a JSON file?

This should allow for a more reliable import when it comes to the Other Data column.

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

wildmercury

Thanks Steven,
    It’s not a transfer, it’s an infrequent update of client data for the map. The client provides a csv. Is there a convenient tool that would work for converting the csv to the required json format?
    Tim

wildmercury

Any progress on this? I really need to get this sorted for our maps.
    I’ve had a look at the data structure in the “other data” field and I’m struggling to codify it:

a: 1: {
        s: 7: \"gallery\";

O:20:\"WPGMZA\\MarkerGallery\":1: {
            s: 8:\"\u0000*\u0000items\";

a:1: {
                i: 0;

O:24:\"WPGMZA\\MarkerGalleryItem\":3: {
                    s: 13:\"attachment_id\";
                    s: 4:\"2039\";
                    s: 3:\"url\";
                    s: 101:\"https: //[domain]/wp-content/uploads/[filename].jpg\";
                    s:9:\"thumbnail\";
                    s:109:\"https://[domain]/wp-content/uploads/[filename]-233x300.jpg\";
                }
            }
        }
    }

Is there a reference for that anywhere?
    Thanks,
    Tim

wildmercury

Still, even importing with json data, the minute I edit or resave a marker with the editor, all the description and location data is lost. Your earliest response would be appreciated.

wildmercury

We have gallery images being added to “random” other markers that have not been edited…
    Really need your support on this.

Steven

Hi @wildmercury,

Thank you so much for getting back to us.

Unfortunately, we are not aware of any tools that allow for conversion from CSV to JSON as this will most times result in invalid JSON.

The JSON format usually simply allows for an easier export from one website to a new website so long as the JSON is intact. Any sort of invalid data will yield incorrect results.

We are working on a better import system that will allow for additional columns and account for the other data column in the CSV which will help achieve the desired result mentioned.

Kindly find a link to the roadmap for v9 for reference below:
    – https://trello.com/b/cbO0ZZP9/wp-google-maps-roadmap

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.