Import London Borough Data from existing Google Map

New home Forums Pro Add-on Troubleshooting Import London Borough Data from existing Google Map

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pylon 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

pylon

I want to create a map that displays polygons that outline several london boroughs in south east london. Doing this by hand with the polygon tool within the plugin is going to be a nightmare as I have no borough boundaries showing within the map previewitself.

However, someone has already created a really good map of all london boroughs here.

How do I go about importing this (KML) data into your plugin to save me the time? Will I be able to delete some of the boroughs that I don’t want to show?

SupportTeam

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us.

Our Pro v7 plugin offers importing via KML. So if you can get the KML file for this you can import via the Maps -> Advanced -> Import panel. Once done you can delete any of the imported polygons that you don’t want from within the map editor.

Thanks so much,

Kind Regards,
    Trevor Anderson

pylon

How do I get to version 7? I purchased WP Google Maps – Pro add-on (Developer Edition) back in 2013. I’ve only got Version 5.76 of Pro and Version 7.11.06 of the basic plugin.

The prebuilt google map did allow KML export which I have attached. Can you import it your end?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

SupportTeam

Hi there,

Sorry for the issue.

Please open a ticket here https://www.wpgmaps.com/contact-us/ asking for a download link for WPGM Pro v7.

Thanks so much,

Kind Regards,
    Trevor Anderson

pylon

Cooooooooool. That works nice.

SupportTeam

Hi there,

So glad this is working for you. If there’s anything else I can help you with please let me know.

If you ever have two minutes spare, please consider reviewing the plugin on https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wp-google-maps/reviews/#new-post it would mean the world to me! (If possible, could I ask you to mention both your name and mine in the review for administrative purposes, this would be a tremendous help!)

Thanks so much,

Kind Regards,
    Trevor Anderson

pylon

Trevor, how do we make the info windows for polygons disappear when you click another polygon? See how they accumulate when clicking at this map.

I put a review up for you as ‘dozza’.

SupportTeam

Hi there,

Sorry for the issue.

Please try the following JS in Maps -> Settings -> Advanced in the Custom JS field:

jQuery(function($){
    $(window).on('markerdataparsed.wpgmza', function(){
    WPGM_Path_Polygon.forEach(function(polygon,ppi){
    google.maps.event.addListener(polygon, 'click', function(event) {
    infoWindow_poly.forEach(function(poly,pi) {
    if (pi != ppi) poly.close();
    });
    });
    });
    });
    });

Thanks so much,

Kind Regards,
    Trevor Anderson

pylon

That works just fine. Thanks!

SupportTeam

Hi there,

So glad this is working for you. If there’s anything else I can help you with please let me know.

If you ever have two minutes spare, please consider reviewing the plugin on https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wp-google-maps/reviews/#new-post it would mean the world to me! (If possible, could I ask you to mention both your name and mine in the review for administrative purposes, this would be a tremendous help!)

Thanks so much,

Kind Regards,
    Trevor Anderson

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.