Import fails: Unable to get location data for object

New home Forums Pro Add-on Import fails: Unable to get location data for object

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    AutoPilotDK

Hi, I’m having trouble uploading locations through a CSV file.

I’m getting the error:
    Unable to get location data for object(stdClass)#4 (2) { [“results”]=> array(0) { } [“status”]=> string(12) “ZERO_RESULTS” }
    Unable to get location data for object(stdClass)#7532 (2) { [“results”]=> array(0) { } [“status”]=> string(12) “ZERO_RESULTS” }

My CSV contains:
    id,map_id,address,description,pic,link,icon,lat,lng,anim,title,infoopen,category,approved,retina
    ,1,”Gl. Hovedgade 1A, 2970 Hørsholm, DK”,,,,,,,0,”2L Development”,0,0,0,0
    ,1,”Trekronergade 149A, 3.sal, 2500 Valby, DK”,,,,,,,0,”1:1 Landskab”,0,0,0,0

I’ve tried using the sample file from: http://www.wpgmaps.com/documentation/exporting-and-importing-your-markers/ Note that this file isn’t up to date – missing fields “approved” and “retina”. I’ve added them and stille getting errors.

My google geocode setup:

I see other users have had similar problems (e.g.: http://www.wpgmaps.com/forums/topic/api-and-ip-issueserrors-while-importing-csv/#post-12088) but the issue lacks a solution, as far as I can see.

Please help 🙂

Nick Duncan
    Keymaster

Hi there.

While importing, are you doing this on the live site or localhost?

Characters in the address such as ‘ø’ might cause issues while geocoding the addresses into coordinates.

Please set the ‘Approved’ column’s value to 1 otherwise the markers won’t display on your map.

AutoPilotDK

Running on live site 🙂 Approved is set.

I experienced an issue with special characters along the way, but finally got it fixed. So I’m uploading like gangbusters.

For anyone who’s interested, there are several things that can go wrong. The google api is NOT instantaneous. It took ½ hour before my requests got through. Patience…

Once the requests started processing, I had a lot of trouble getting the file formatted correctly.

A side note
    Perhaps the guide (http://www.wpgmaps.com/documentation/exporting-and-importing-your-markers/) should be revised. You recommend Google docs… that’s been rebranded, hasn’t it? So now it’s Google Sheets.

In my experience, Sheets is terrible at CSV. It embeds hidden double quotes, that can only be escaped using either CHAR(34) or double double quotes (“”). Even those methods are unreliable.

Also, the sample file provided is missing fields “approved” and “retina”.

Thanks for the quick reply!
    Thomas

Nick Duncan
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas.

Just to confirm, is everything now working as it should?

That documentation does need to be updated, definitely. We’ll make sure that that is done in this coming week. My apologies for this.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Import fails: Unable to get location data for object’ is closed to new replies.