Import Addresses from WP Toolset Maps

New home Forums Pro Add-on General queries Import Addresses from WP Toolset Maps

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Perry 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Forson

Is it possible to import addresses from WP Toolset Custom Post Types for display on WP Google Maps?

If not is there any way to display imported addresses into WP Google Maps? I have the Pro and the Gold add-ons.

This would be a really useful integration.
    https://toolset.com/

Perry

Hi there

Thank you for getting in touch.

We are looking at integrating with this plugin as well as others in the future, unfortunately we don’t have any ETA on that right now.

Sorry I can’t be more forthcoming on this at the moment.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Forson

Hi Perry,

Thanks for the reply. Toolset suggested this as a possible integration method. Would WP Google Maps accept and interpret shortcode?

Hello,

I suggest:
    1) Use Toolset to setup the custom address field
    2) Pass the address field value as parameters to “WP Google Maps” plugin

You can then output the custom address field value with Types shortcode [types], for example:

[types field='my-address' format='FIELD_ADDRESS'][/types]

It will output the address field as a string

Then pass it to the “WP Google Maps” plugin shortcode

https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/#address
    format:
    Use the literals FIELD_ADDRESS, FIELD_LATITUDE and FIELD_LONGITUDE in the format to output the address

Would WP Google Maps accept shortcode in the address fields? Would we have to parse the address and the postal code and country information into separate fields?

Thanks,
    A

Perry

Hi there

I’m not quite sure what they’re getting at here, but if you could get that set up as they suggest, then if that doesn’t work right off the bat, we can almost certainly address that afterwards with some JavaScript.

I hope that helps?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.