Images as categories

New home Forums Pro Add-on Images as categories

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mike666 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Mike666

Hey, I am asking myself, if it would be possible to have some images below the map as category-images instead of the drop-down-menu-style?

SupportTeam

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch with us on this matter.

At this moment, it is not possible to have Images set as the Category items as a sort of Legend in the plugin. We are however working on adding this function into the plugin in the near future, I cannot state when, but we are working on it.

The best you could possibly do in this time before we release this, is to have the images for your markers show up in a Div above the map and then you just have the images there. It won’t select the categories but your users will see the legend in that manner as well.

I hope this helps and thank you for your time in this matter.

Mike666

Thanks for the info.
    How to do that you mentioned best?
    Any documentation available?

Thanx, Mike

SupportTeam

Hi Mike,

Thank you for getting back to me on this matter.

If your WordPress site, when you add the Map shortcode, just above this, add a table or even just a list in the default WordPress page items and then you select the media you want to show (ie the image on your site database) and then you can type out a few words next to the image. It would sort of be like adding content to your WordPress pages.

I hope this helps and thank you for your time in this matter.

Mike666

Hey Nathan, ah, ok … this is what you meant.
    No, that is no option. I already placed some images and what I need is to click on the image and then the category is shown in the map. Just adding small images is not enough – so I’ll wait for the progress and hope to have that option some day instead of using the dropdown menu for categories within tha map.

Thanx, Mike

SupportTeam

Hi Mike,

Thank you for getting back to me and I apologize for any confusion I caused you.

Yes, once the rush for the GDPR and the Google Maps API change have passed, we will return to normal development in the plugin again, but I thank you for your time and patience with us 🙂

I hope you have a great day further and I wish you the very best 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.