If I uninstall the plugin will I lose all my previous map?

New home Forums Basic Version General queries If I uninstall the plugin will I lose all my previous map?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dolmen 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

caspercanham

I have recently updated WP Google Maps to Version 7.11.02 and it seems to break my theme. On the pages, I use the map it either won’t load or it will break my page. Do you know what could have caused it?

I really would like to get this sorted ASAP. So I was thinking I could instal the previous version in the meantime. I have found the previous version 7.11.00 online… I’m just wondering if I delete the current plugin will I lose all my work?

Thank you

Perry

Hi there

Thank you for getting in touch.

Please see our response to your ticket – we are aware that there is an issue with JSON parsing on some setups and are working to patch that.

We can solve this for you immediately given access to the site, we would ask that you communicate that to us in private please, and not on the forum, if that’s desirable?

Kind regards
    – Perry

dolmen

Hello Perry,

I am experiencing a similar issue with my installation. I have followed these steps https://www.wpgmaps.com/documentation/troubleshooting/jquery-troubleshooting/
    and I’ve also clicked override in the settings page but the map still reports the same jquery error on this page. https://dolmen.ie/contact

Please help me
    Paul

Perry

Hi Paul

Thank you for getting in touch, sorry to hear you are experiencing issues here.

I opened my JavaScript console on that page and I’m seeing several errors in there. They don’t appear to be related to our plugin, but if you solve them I would imagine that if those are solved then the map will be able to initialise.

I’m seeing errors with jQuery isotope used by your theme, jQuery Fancybox used by the plugin “Portfolio Slideshow Pro”, as well as errors on the page itself.

Could you please try disabling the Portfolio Slideshow plugin and switching your theme back to the default temporarily?

Kind regards
    – Perry

dolmen

Hi Perry,

Thank you for your reply. I disabled both sliders plugins that I have. I refreshed the Contact Page, but the WP GMaps plugin is still not working. What’s more the one of the sliders broke and so that’s not displaying but that is most likely an unrelated issue. Please anything else I can try to fix this issue?

Thank you,
    Paul

Perry

Hi there

There are two JavaScript errors originating from this file

https://www.dolmen.ie/wp-content/themes/dolmen/js/custom.js?ver=1.4

Which is part of your theme.

If I override that file locally and remove the contents, the map loads as I would expect, please see the attached screenshot.

I’m afraid you would need to reach out to the theme author for assistance with this.

I hope that helps?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

dolmen

Hi there

There are two JavaScript errors originating from this file

https://www.dolmen.ie/wp-content/themes/dolmen/js/custom.js?ver=1.4

Which is part of your theme.

If I override that file locally and remove the contents, the map loads as I would expect, please see the attached screenshot.

I’m afraid you would need to reach out to the theme author for assistance with this.

I hope that helps?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Thank you Perry, I think the custom.js file is the culprit. We are out of luck as our original theme author ended support last year. Thanks again and best of luck.

Perry

Hi there

I’m so sorry we can’t help – I wouldn’t want to change their code as I don’t know what other consequences that might have, I don’t know what that file does in the larger picture.

You could just delete (or rename) the file and test your site, that would get the map working, but as I say, I don’t know if that will affect other areas of the site.

Is there anything else we can help you with?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.