How to import marker data with custom fields?

New home Forums Basic Version General queries How to import marker data with custom fields?

This topic contains 21 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Rezza_marco 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

ta26

Hi,

I want to import marker data by csv.
    I have create a custom field named equipment. How should I name the column in the csv file so that the column can be imported to this custom field?

I have tried to name the column name same as the custom field name, but it didnt work.
    Please help me with that.

Regards.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

AbelC

Hi There,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us, and our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Unfortunately, custom fields aren’t supported by the CSV importer at the moment, however, this can be achieved with the JSON¬†importer/exporter. Again, my sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Would it perhaps possible to please use the JSON importer/exporter?

You can find more information on how to create a JSON file here – https://www.wpgmaps.com/documentation/exporting-and-importing-your-markers/

I hope this helps clarify, and please do let me know if this is working for you.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

mstlouis

I see in the change log of latest release of the Pro Add-on version 7.11.31 that you have added support for Custom Field importing via marker CSV imports. Do you have documentation on how to format the CSV for custom fields? Do they just get added on as a extra column?

Also, will the custom fields be included in the CSV export for marker data?

AbelC

Hi There,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us.

Unfortunately, we do not have documentation on this at the moment, however, we will create documentation on adding custom fields to CSV files as soon as possible.

You can add custom fields by adding the following column:
    Custom Field: your_custom_field_name

Please find the example attached.

Unfortunately, custom fields are not included in the CSV file when exported for marker data at the moment. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

I hope this helps clarify, and please do let me know if this is working for you.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

mstlouis

I tried adding new columns like that to the csv but the custom fields didn’t get added with the import. I know the import worked because I made a couple other changes to the regular fields in the marker data which did update.

I have a custom field called rep_number, so I added a column at the end of the csv table called this.

Custom Field: rep_number

Is that the correct way? You mentioned about an example but I didn’t see an attachment.

AbelC

Hi There,

Thank you so much for letting me know, and my sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Yes, that is the correct way of importing a custom field.

It appears that our system has removed the attachment, however, I have now attached this file again. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Could I kindly ask if you would be open to provide us with your CSV file so that we can take a closer look as to what is causing this issue?

Could I also kindly ask if you have the latest Pro add-on (v7.11.32) installed on your site?

This will be a tremendous help, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

• This reply was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by  AbelC.
    Attachments:

mstlouis

I did update to version 7.11.32 and tried to upload the CSV with the custom fields again. It still doesn’t update the marker data with the custom fields. I’m using the Upload Marker CSV File from the Advanced controls on the plugin. It will update other marker information if I change it, like the title, but it doesn’t update the custom fields.

Attached is the csv file I’m using for the upload. There are two custom fields added in the columns on the end. The custom fields I created are named dealer_id and rep_number.

Let me know if I have this formatted correctly or if there is anything else needed.

Attachments:

AbelC

Hi There,

Thank you so much for getting back to me, and my sincere apologies for the issues you are currently experiencing.

Yes, you can import your CSV file by navigating to Maps -> Advanced -> Import.

I have viewed your CSV File and it appears that the format is correct.

I have also run a couple of tests and I was unable to replicate this issue. Please find the screenshot attached.

Could I kindly ask if you would be open to submit a support ticket ( https://www.wpgmaps.com/support/ ) and please provide us with a temporary admin account so that we can take a closer look as to what is causing this issue?

Would it perhaps be possible to please mention my name (Abel) in your ticket so that the other agents will know to assign this ticket to me?

Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience.

This will be a tremendous help, and we look forward to hearing back from you and getting this issue resolved ASAP.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  AbelC.
    Attachments:

mstlouis

Thanks for your help. I was able to get it to work. I had been using the Upload Marker CSV File from the Maps/Advanced/Marker Data tab. But I got it to work now from the Import tab there instead. So I’m all set there, and I appreciate your response.

Is it also possible to add the capability to export marker data with the custom fields in a CSV format? That would complete the loop for us to manage our map markers with the same data online and offline. It would be very useful to be able to work with all the data and custom fields in a simple CSV format to import and export.

AbelC

Hi There,

Thank you so much for letting me know, and that is great to hear.

We have now added support for Custom Fields exporting in the CSV File, however, the update will be released early next week. We do apologize for the wait.

If you do require a pre-release, could I kindly ask if you would be open to submit a support ticket here for me: https://www.wpgmaps.com/support/.

Would it also perhaps be possible to please provide us with FTP details and please mention my name in your ticket so that other agents will know to assign the support ticket to me.

I hope this helps clarify, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

Rezza_marco
    This reply has been marked as private.

AbelC

HI There,

Thank you so much for getting back to me, and my sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

I will look into this issue and get back to you as soon as possible.

I do apologize for the wait.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

AbelC

HI There,

Thank you so much for your time on this one, we really do appreciate it.

Could I kindly ask you to confirm what current version of WP Google Maps Basic + Pro you have installed on your site?

Could I also kindly ask if you could please clarify as to what issues you are currently experiencing when you are importing your JSON File?

Would it also perhaps be possible to please provide us with a screenshot of the error you are currently receiving?

This will be a tremendous help, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  AbelC.
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by  AbelC.

Rezza_marco

Rezza_marco
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.