How to import CSV with multiple categories assigned to one location

New home Forums Pro Add-on General queries How to import CSV with multiple categories assigned to one location

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    robinmckaywg

Hi!

I’m trying to import a CSV file for locations that all fall under multiple categories. I uploaded a CSV with category IDs separated by commas for the locations, but that doesn’t seem to be working. Is there a way to upload a CSV with the multiple categories? I know I’m able to select multiple categories when I’m editing a marker by hand by selecting multiple checkboxes.

Thank you,

Robin

Hi Robin,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us!

My apologies for the trouble you have been experiencing.

To import a CSV with multiple categories, you will need to include all the categories within double quotation marks. The different categories inside the quotation marks should be seperated by commas. Here is an example:
    0,”5,4,1″,1
    The “5,4,1” is the category column. Please note that you need to use the category ID’s which can be found under ‘Maps’ -> ‘Categories’.

Please let me know if you managed to import the file correctly and if this helped.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

robinmckaywg

Ahh, the quotations! I’ll try that! Thanks!

Quick question – is there a place to change the word “Category” when displayed on the map? Or even, have to sets of dropdowns? Or is that getting into custom coding terrain?

Thanks again!

robinmckaywg

Hmm, while the quotes seemed to work in that the markers had the correct categories in the listing, the plugin is failing to filter by the categories.

Also, the markers are now not showing on the front end but are still there and fine in the admin panel.

robinmckaywg

This is the page I’m working on for reference:

https://staging.neonwebhosting.com/cjc/provider-directory-map/

Hi Robin,

I apologize sincerely for the delay in response.

To change the ‘Category’ string, please add the following JavaScript:
    String Change:

jQuery(“div”).each(function() {
    var text = jQuery(this).text();
    text = text.replace(“Radius”, “A string of your choice”);
    jQuery(this).text(text);
    });

As for the markers not showing on the front end – have you ensured that the setting ‘Display on front end’ is set to ‘Yes’ from the map editor for all the markers? If this is set to yes and the markers are still not showing, would you perhaps be open to creating a temporary admin account for me so that I can debug further and get this solved for you as soon as possible?

To test the category filtering, the markers will need to be displayed on the front end. So I will test and solve this issue once the marker issue is solved.

I am so sorry for the issues you are experiencing, but helping you is of utmost importance and I will help you to resolve these issues ASAP.

Thanks for your time and understanding. It is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

robinmckaywg

Hi Dylan,

Sorry for the major delay in my response. I guess I don’t have my profile set up right to send me email notifications. Anyway, I checked and it does seem that the markers are set to display on the front end. I’d love to take you up on that offer to have you take a look. Here is the user info:

username: temp
    password: temporaryNeon

Thanks and let me know what other information you need from me,

Robin

Hi Robin,

Thank you. I have done some debugging and it seems to be due to a problem in the CSV file. Would it maybe be possible to send me a copy of the CSV file so that I can find a solution to this for you as soon as possible?

Thanks for your time and patience.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

robinmckaywg

Hi Dylan,

That is so kind of you! Thank you so much! Here is the attached file – please let me know what I’m doing wrong so I don’t have to bug ya in the future.

Thanks,

Robin

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi Robin,

My sincere apologies for the delay in response.

Thank you so much for the CSV file. I have managed to find the cause of the problem. From the CSV file, I have noticed that you have wrapped the multiple categories inside two sets of double quotes like this:
    “”24,18, 10″”
    To fix this I have edited the CSV file to fix the double sets of quotes to look like this:
    “24,18, 10”

Could I kindly ask that you re-import the attached, fixed CSV file below to resolve this issue?

Please let me know if this helps.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

Hi Robin,

It seems like there was a problem attaching the CSV file in my previous response.

Please find the attached file below 🙂

Thanks.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.